Dubbing/language preference?

So, for me, what matters is that I actually hear the actors speaking. This is, of course, not always possible, especially in the supporting roles.

Funny thing is that when you’ve seen a fair amount of spaghettis, you’re starting to recognise a few of the dubbed voices from the supporting cast in different films :smiley:

You’re thinking, hmm I’ve heard that voice before somewhere :smiley:

[quote=“flynnparadox, post:20, topic:326”]My thinking on this subject is that I, primarily, want to hear the original actors speaking their lines. Almost all of these films were redubbed after shooting was completed so the “original language” is meaningless. So, for me, what matters is that I actually hear the actors speaking. This is, of course, not always possible, especially in the supporting roles. I enjoy hearing people like Franco Nero speaking their lines so I don’t mind the English dub in Companeros, The Mercenary, etc, etc but I simply MUST watch Django and Texas Addio in the original Italian because the English dubs for his characters are terrible (this is why I’m still angry that I haven’t been able to find Massacre Time in the original Italian for a reasonable price…)

Flynn[/quote]

I’m with you on this. If the lead actor is english speaking I like it in english. If not then italian. You’re right, Django is a perfect example. The english dub is awful and detracts from a great film. Unfortunately, with so many of these films you just have to make do with what you can get most of the time and upgrade when you get the chance.

[quote=“Silvanito, post:21, topic:326”]Funny thing is that when you’ve seen a fair amount of spaghettis, you’re starting to recognise a few of the dubbed voices from the supporting cast in different films :smiley:

You’re thinking, hmm I’ve heard that voice before somewhere :D[/quote]

Yes, that’s right! It’s a very strange experience…

You feel at home to a degree when you hear the same dubbed voices.

When you watch Spaghetti westerns, Italian crime and giallo’s you soon discover that it’s the same 20-30 persons that do the dubbing on all those films.

Yes, I suppose so. Just like hearing the same sound-effects for gunshots and wind and so forth…

I prefer original version. In this case I’m lucky because spaghetti western are all in italian laguage but when I see an american movie I like see it in english with italian subtitle. The dubbing damage the actor work.