DSX DVD from Argentina - Which titles are in italian?

Hello, I have a question about the 3 collection set put out by argentinian DSX

I would like to know if the following titles

-Adios gringo
-Un dollaro bucato

are better than the editions on NEW from Germany.

Plus, what about the quality of “Cimitero senza croci” ?

And…which other DVD in the 3rd set (the one with 42 titles, on sale now) will feature italian audio language? The list in the database is not updated of course, so I wish to know if somebody already knows details about the future releases

For those who bought them already, which is the best edition of “Adios gringo” and “Un dollaro bucato”? NEW Ent from Germany are better?

Also, I would like to know if California from Thailand (Triple X) is better than the bad edition on NEW…because I am planning to place an order in Thailand and/or go to Thailand soon to buy a whole bunch of DVD

Califronia will most likely be released by Koch next year.

For those who bought them already, which is the best edition of Adios Gringo and "Un dollaro bucato"? NEW Ent from Germany are better? Also, I would like to know if California from Thailand (Triple X) is better than the bad edition on NEW....because I am planning to place an order in Thailand and/or go to Thailand soon to buy a whole bunch of DVD

Hi il timido, don’t waste your money on the NEW DVD of “One Silver Dollar” although described as uncut it has the eye gouging parts removed! The shots are pretty disturbing, but are quite necessary to the story, as Gemma plays much of the rest of the film blinking. In fact the whole Gemma beating section of the film is of lesser quality than the rest of it, quite blurry (taken from a badly duplicated print?). If you have the cash, the 2007 Japanese Cinefil Imagica DVD is great quality, it has Italian, English and Japanese audio.
I’ve got the NEW California and Adios Gringo discs but never watched them, California been reported to be quite poor quality. The 2009 Japanese Cinefil Imagica California disc is great but doesn’t have Italian audio, just English and Japanese and again is quite pricey. The Original Japanese SPO Adios Gringo DVD is great with Italian and English audio but is OOP and may be difficult to track down. Don’t know the quality of the Japanese Anec release.

Thailand trip! Lucky devil :wink:

EDIT: Just checked and the Thai Triple X DVD of Adios Gringo is a copy of the OOP Japanese SPO disc, it even uses the Macaroni Western menu, English and Thai audio only though, it omits the Italian.

EDIT: My mistake, the NEW DVD of “One Silver Dollar” is UNCUT, but does have the Gemma beating section in a far poorer quality than the rest of the film.

eh I have both the NEW and SHENDENE for California and the quality is really poor. I had all the japanese editions you mentioned but I sol them in 2009. I thought - being among the mokst popular titles in the genere, that sooner or later a decent italian edition would appear but nothing seems to come yet.

Well I’ve been in Thailand in 2004…now I’m going there to see if I can find some interesting DVD and CD :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info, never knew that version was cut !
Someone did me a dvd r of it a while back, but never viewed. Will stick to my Japanese disc.

Any more news on this?

No, not now.

Koch will release a new collection of SWs, maybe up to 20.
Requiescant will most likely be the first, and Get Mean probably another one. We have to wait.

That is good news.

[quote=“Stanton, post:7, topic:2897”]No, not now.

Koch will release a new collection of SWs, maybe up to 20.
Requiescant will most likely be the first, and Get Mean probably another one. We have to wait.[/quote]

Ah well, thanks for the info. Patience is a virtue (etc.).

Hopefully it will start in the 2nd half of this year.

Do you have any news about the DSX Collection?
I can’t find infos about audio soundtrack of the 3rd and final collection, except for those listed in the SW database

do you have any additional information?

I’ve got the complete collections 2 and 3 (3 is not full yet but I have every title released so far). Only a handful from the first one.
From the info in the boxes of collection 3, the only titles in Italian are Mátalo, 10000 Dollari Per Un Massacro, Faccia a Faccia and the Hallellujah one (can’t remember if it’s actually the first or the second since it’s released under an aka). Maybe I missed one or two, but the collection is mostly English dubbed so far.
Watch out though, while collection 1 had mostly excellent quality releases, 2 and 3 are full of unwatchable crap sourced from heavily cut and awful looking masters. If you need any more info about a particular title just drop me a pm.

Ok we have a “problem”. The DSX titles info in the SWDb is incomplete, and we are missing cover pictures for many titles. Does anyone know a source for these or contacts in Argentina who could help us complete this info?

Are there any labels currently releasing westerns in Argentina at all or is this another country that has basically said adios to physical media?

I am managing to find some semi-OK pictures of these releases on websites like mercadolibre, but I could use help to fill the gaps DSX Films DVD catalog (Argentina) - The Spaghetti Western Database

Just another call for help: we don’t have (good) cover pictures for a lot of DSX titles and also missing details. Whoever can help, please reach out. I have been doing some googling and scouring Mercadi Libre etc, but haven’t gotten far enough…

I found a list with release dates for set I and II but no images

set I

  1. Un dolar marcado 04/06/08
  2. django 04/06/08
  3. texas, adios 25/06/08
  4. Una pistola para ringo 09/07/08
  5. vamos a matar compañeros 23/07/08
  6. keoma 06/08/08
  7. adios gringo 20/08/08
  8. el pistolero del ave maría 03/09/08
  9. el retorno de django 17/09/08
  10. sabata (reza por tu alma y muere) 01/10/08
  11. por unos dolares mÁs 15/10/08
  12. ben y charlie 29/10/08
  13. los cuatro del apocalípsis 12/11/08
  14. días de ira 26/11/08
  15. el bueno, el malo y el feo 10/12/08
  16. minnesota clay 24/12/08
  17. el gran duelo 07/01/09
  18. mi nombre es shangai joe 21/01/09
  19. si estas vivo, dispara 04/02/09
  20. dios los cría y ringo los mata 18/02/09
  21. dios perdona, yo no 04/03/09
  22. la marca del ciego 18/03/09
  23. el blanco, el amarillo yel negro 01/04/09
  24. cjamango 15/04/09
  25. django el bastardo 29/04/09
  26. california 13/05/09
  27. dios los cría, yo los mato 27/05/09
  28. el hombre, el orgullo y la venganza 10/06/09
  29. viva la muerte tuya! 24/06/09
  30. los cuatro de fuerte apache 08/07/09
  31. DJANGO DESAFIA A SARTANA 22/07/09
  32. hoy por ti, mañana por mi 05/08/09
  33. el regreso de shangai joe 19/08/09
  34. scalps, venganza india 02/09/09
  35. django y sartana: El Ultimo Duelo 16/09/09
  36. el sabor del odio 30/09/09
  37. una razón para vivir y una para morir 14/10/09
  38. el retorno de ringo 28/10/09
  39. rita va al oeste 11/11/09
  40. llega sartana 25/11/09

set II

  1. El Gran Silencio 24/02/10
  2. ¡Viva Django! 24/02/10
  3. Mi Nombre es Nadie 24/03/10
  4. Tierra de Violencia 24/03/10
  5. Sol Rojo 28/04/10
  6. Los Despiadados 28/04/10
  7. El Especialista 12/05/10
  8. Capitán Apache 12/05/10
  9. Montura de Plata 26/05/10
  10. Mata al Vivo y Reza por el Muerto 26/05/10
  11. Por un Puñado de Dólares 09/06/10
  12. Los héroes de Mesa Verde 23/06/10
  13. Wanted 07/07/10
  14. Cementerio sin Cruces 21/07/10
  15. Vamos a Matar con Trinity 04/08/10
  16. Corre, Hombre, Corre 18/08/10
  17. Sabata Viene a Matar 01/09/10
  18. Me llaman Trinity 15/09/10
  19. Más Allá de la Ley 29/09/10
  20. El Sol bajo la Tierra 13/10/10
  21. Tex y el Señor del Abismo 27/10/10
  22. El Río de los Malditos 10/11/10
  23. Me llaman Providence 24/11/10
  24. Una Ciudad llamada Bastarda 08/12/10
  25. Buen Funeral Amigos Paga Sartana 22/12/10

And this image for set III

1 Like

Fantastic, thanks :slight_smile: still hoping we find some Argentinos with additional digital resources or any backup copies of cover files etc …
I think the Way back machine didn’t help much but maybe it’s worth someone else giving it a try also

Maybe you can contact user Trek on this mundodvd forum, he still seems to be active and has posted what looks like his own pictures of the collection: DVD El post del Spaghetti Western - Página 96

1 Like

Oh wow thanks. Looks like I got some homework for the weekend then