Django (Sergio Corbucci, 1966)

[size=18pt]but thereā€™s only one DJANGO [/size] 8)

I took a screenshot of DJANGO a couple nights ago. Thanks to modern technology this frame now can be sharedā€¦

Look at that! One of the Mexicans in the saloon fight is filming with what appears to be an Arri 2C!!!

I bought Anchor Bayā€™s piece of shit 2 disc version with the Rambo-ish sequel when it came out years ago. The disc was defective (had distorted melted looking marks on the play side) so I mailed it back and they mailed me a new one. Same damn problem so I sent it back and they sent me a new one. SAME DAMN PROBLEM! I emailed them back and they never replied, I mailed it back and got no response.

I have never seen Django past the point when the red hooded clan bandits start to march into town.

Sounds like something that would happen to me on a good day.

much inferior to Blue Undergroundā€™s release but I like the booklet with many Django sequel synopsis that came with it.

Iā€™m a little confused about the Italien audio for Django. I know a lot (If not all) Italien westerns have been dubbed because of cheaper production costs. But have this movie been dubbed in Italien after film shooting? :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œLee Van Cleef, post:186, topic:148ā€]But have this movie been dubbed in Italien after film shooting? :)[/quote]This is how most if not all italian films are made, not sure about the present day though.

Things have partially changed from the second half of the Eighties onwards.

I have the Blue Underground edition of Django (blu ray), and the italien audio seems to fit really well!
For me it doesnā€™t sound like the usual cheap dubbing. It rather sounds like it was done the normal way (recorded on the spot) ā€¦ could I be wrong? ;D

I prefer Italian dubbing much more. ::slight_smile:
An English dubbing for Django is one of the worst experiences in my adventure with spaghettis. I didnā€™t like it as much as I like it now, until I saw it with Italian audio and English subtitles.

Same with me! the english dub is laughable ;D

When a guy says: 'Thatā€™s better than being beaten to death" I almost died laughing. :smiley:

Yeah! Also the english dub for Franco Neroā€™s Django is so outta place. Thank godness he voiced the italien dub himself! ;D

Actually he didnā€™t, he was dubbed by a voice actor
He was in his early twenties and Corbucci was afraid he wound sound ā€˜too youngā€™

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:194, topic:148ā€]Actually he didnā€™t, he was dubbed by a voice actor
He was in his early twenties and Corbucci was afraid he wound sound ā€˜too youngā€™[/quote]
Interesting. I thought it was used his original voice. Thanks for info.

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:194, topic:148ā€]Actually he didnā€™t, he was dubbed by a voice actor
He was in his early twenties and Corbucci was afraid he wound sound ā€˜too youngā€™[/quote]

Thatā€™s weird because on the back of my Blue Underground blu-ray to the Django movie there stand this;

This definitive edition of DJANGO has been re-mastered from the original camera negative, recently discovered in a Rome vault untouched for over three decades. Also included for the first time is the optional Italian audio track featuring Franco Neroā€™s own voice. Following two years of extensive restoration, Blue Underground is now proud to present the most stunning and complete version of DJANGO you will ever see!

I donā€™t know if this audio track was used in the original 1966 italien release, but it is definitely Neroā€™s own voice :smiley:

Yeah, youā€™re right. Iā€™ve got Blue Undergroundā€™s DVD and I remember this info.
Strange, indeed.
Now, I do not understand anything. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=ā€œLee Van Cleef, post:196, topic:148ā€]Thatā€™s weird because on the back of my Blue Underground blu-ray to the Django movie there stand this;

This definitive edition of DJANGO has been re-mastered from the original camera negative, recently discovered in a Rome vault untouched for over three decades. Also included for the first time is the optional Italian audio track featuring Franco Neroā€™s own voice. Following two years of extensive restoration, Blue Underground is now proud to present the most stunning and complete version of DJANGO you will ever see!

I donā€™t know if this audio track was used in the original 1966 italien release, but it is definitely Neroā€™s own voice :D[/quote]

It will be sorted out :wink:

Hereā€™s a text from the Italian Wiki Page:

Doppiatori [modifica]

Nonostante Franco Nero sia italiano ĆØ stato spesso doppiato da:
(Even though Franco Nero is Italian, he was dubbed (in Italian) by:

[b]Nando Gazzolo[/b] in: Le colt cantarono la morte e fu... tempo di massacro, Il mercenario,[b] Django[/b]
Sergio Graziani in: Il giorno della civetta, Vamos a matar, compaƱeros, Dio ĆØ con noi, L'istruttoria ĆØ chiusa: dimentichi, Confessione di un commissario di polizia al procuratore della repubblica,Giornata nera per l'ariete
Enrico Maria Salerno in:Texas addio
Pino Colizzi in: I guappi
Giancarlo Maestri in L'uomo, l'orgoglio, la vendetta
Cesare Barbetti in Gli uomini dal passo pesante
Luigi La Monica in Viva la muerte... tua!
Giacomo Piperno in Un detective

Comment:
So in most movies, he was dubbed. I think he does his own lines in Keoma, both in English and Italian

Honestly I wouldnā€™t trust Wiki to much. They are known to make mistakes, and on the other hand Blue Underground have worked on the BD/DVD release of Django, so they must know what they are dealing with. But it could aswell be a error from BUā€™s side, who knows? :wink: