Django Does Not Forgive / Django non perdona / Mestizo (Julio Buchs, 1966)

been trying to track this one down with no luck. if anyone can help me get copy of this one i will be really grateful.

It’s not available in English I think. Only Spanish and German.

SPANISH IS OK! WITH ME MR. SILENCE

I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT THE SPANISH VERSION BELIVE IT OR NOT THIS IS GOING ON MY TOP 20 (WHEN I MAKE ONE) I REALLY ENJOYED THE FILM EVEN THOUGH THERE IS NO DJANGO IN THE MOVIE.

Anthony Steffen look-a-like Hugo Blanco stars as a half-breed who is looking for a man responsible for his sister’s death and joins the army of redcoats.
Mestizo reminds more German Winnetou films than spaghetti western. Revenge theme is almost forgotten as the film starts to focus more on the indian war. Film ends in inevitable big fight scene between soldiers and indians. A regiment of scottsmen armed with flintlock rifles was a surprising addition in this scene.

My rating: 2/5

Never heard of it before and don’t want to watch it. Never liked Indians in spaghettis, maybe except for Black Jack or Navajo Joe.

I like it ! :slight_smile: A nice revenge film, good actors and the battle at the end is great ! :smiley:

Yes I enjoyed this one.

Watch this one today. I found it enjoyable as an adventure film, not so much as a spaghetti-western.
I do not know that much about the Canadian history but as I understood the film mixes this revenge story with real facts (Louis Riel’s second rebellion), which I found pretty cool.

Link:

I’d love to rewatch it through a decent DVD release, till then curious people can checked here (spanish dub):

^I watched it as Mestizo a long time ago, and to be honest, i don’t remember much about it. :frowning:

Enjoyable adventure revenge movie with two full scale battles involving several warring parties. The big battles are handled pretty well, especially the second one, and some of the battle footage was later reused in Kitosch, another spag/paella featuring mounties, but much much worse in quality. I loved how the hero slayed his final opponent with his lever- action rifle. So damn cool! 3,5/5

Watched this one yesterday straight after watching the American western “Chuka” with John Mills and Rod Taylor.

Both films featured sieges of wooden forts by unhappy Indians so couldn’t help comparing the two. Mestizo is not a great film on the whole but compared to Chuka seemed a relative masterpiece. It feels almost totally Spanish to me and suffers a little from their common preoccupation with a romantic element being shoehorned in. Not sure what the Italian input was but it’s not noticeable.

All in all it was an ok watch but nothing to go out of your way for unless the completist in you takes control which of course it did for me.

Mestizo has been updated to the new layout (3.0). Let us know if you can add anything: pictures, posters, trivia, facts, figures, links, etc

1 Like

We should find a higher res poster

For all of You who are interested in this movie and haven’t seen it yet, Mestizo available on YouTube in German language (Mountains): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y07Hgqu5gLs

There used to be a much nicer looking print on rtve (Spain’s public broadcaster). At first I could watch this and maybe two fistfuls of other SWs there without issues, later it was all geo-blocked, and now it seems it’s not available at all.

1 Like