Der Westernheld als solcher betrachtet

Jetzt mal ein Tipp für alle, bei denen da oben das Birnchen hell leuchtet. Soll heißen, in der schweizer Philisophieshow “Sternstunde Philisophie” kam die Tage ein Gespräch mit Josef Früchtl. Dieses Früchtl hat sich einige Gedanken gemacht über den Helden in der Moderne, was er auch in einem Buch niedergeschrieben hat:

Eine Heldengeschichte der Moderne (Josef Früchtl)

Der eigentliche Tipp ist allerdings nicht das Buch (das ich selbst freilich in der Kürze der Zeit nicht gelesen habe), sondern die Sendung selbst, die hier gesehen werden kann:

http://www.sf.tv/podcasts/feed.php?docid=ssp (Sendung vom 7.2.2010)

Es geht hier zwar nur am Rande um den SW-Helden, aber für alle Western Interessierte eine interessante Sache das.

Sounds and looks interesting, haven’t got enough time today, but will sure watch it later

(Hopefully I’ll understand the Swiss German, not the easiest variation)

Don’t panic, Scherp! They speak normal German.

For some reason I knew, you would be interested in this matter…

[quote=“Dillinger, post:3, topic:2245”]Don’t panic, Scherp! They speak normal German.

For some reason I knew, you would be interested in this matter…[/quote]

How do you Germans feel about this Swiss variation? Is it easy to follow? Nice to the ears?

Personally I find the sound of it not very pleasing to the ear, less than Austrian for example (which is also, generally speaking, a bit easier to understand)

Some German dialects are difficult of course (no wonder in such a large country), but it’s my experience that most Germans also speak Hoch Deutsch. I met an older couple from Mainz not so long ago, and when they were talking to each other, I had enormous trouble to understand what they were saying, but they quickly changed to Hoch Deutsch when they spoke to me.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:4, topic:2245”]How do you Germans feel about this Swiss variation? Is it easy to follow? Nice to the ears?

Personally I find the sound of it not very pleasing to the ear, less than Austrian for example (which is also, generally speaking, a bit easier to understand)

Some German dialects are difficult of course (no wonder in such a large country), but it’s my experience that most Germans also speak Hoch Deutsch. I met an older couple from Mainz not so long ago, and when they were talking to each other, I had enormous trouble to understand what they were saying, but they quickly changed to Hoch Deutsch when they spoke to me.[/quote]

For me as an inhabitant of southern Germany the Swiss dialect is not so hard to understand even in its harcore variations.

Like many German speaking people the Swiss are also able to switch their code just like your Mainz couple. Actually most Swiss people I came across were able to switch to a very fine Hochdeutsch.

Heute ist per Post das entsprechende Buch des Herrn Früchtl (Das unverschämte Ich) angekommen. Das nehm’ ich mir dann bei Gelegenheit vor.