Dean Reed

Which spaghettis by Dean Reed have you seen?

I have seen:

God forgives…his life is mine, well-made sw, but nothing special in my opinion.

Adios Sabata, really exciting and enjoyable sw, excellent Bruno Nicolai score!

Karate fists and beans, comedy/ kung fu sw, good fun!

Have not seen:

I nipoti di Zorro

Buckaroo

Saranda

1 Like

His life is mine - One of the most boring eurowesterns I’ve seen, and Reed’s character is annoying.
Adios Sabata - Great western, and Reed’s character is amusing.

He was an interesting person though. An american who grew very dissapointed with his homeland and became a communist. He lived in East Germany when he died.

1 Like

[quote=“Silvanito, post:1, topic:325”]Which spaghettis by Dean Reed have you seen?

I have seen:

God forgives…his life is mine, well-made sw, but nothing special in my opinion.

Adios Sabata, really exciting and enjoyable sw, excellent Bruno Nicolai score!

Karate fists and beans, comedy/ kung fu sw, good fun!

Have not seen:

I nipoti di Zorro

Buckaroo

Saranda

[/quote]

DEAN REED a rebellious American Actor, singer, songwriter made numerous CULT

SWs, Thrillers, Adventures & sang many catchy tunes in a career behind the iron curtain.

HIS LIFE IS MINE 68 , ADIOS SABATA 1971 BUCKAROO 1967 SARANDA 1970

All viewed and found to be EXCELLENT. :smiley:

Hey,I never realized that the singer and the actor are the same persons. I don´t know much about him,but I think there will be made a movie soon. Reed´s character played by Tom Hanks.

It might have been mentioned before somewhere, but there’s an interesting book by Reggie Nadelson called ‘Comrade Rockstar’. She “followed his ghost” to Moscow and beyond, trying to find out the truth about him becoming a “Cold War Cowboy”, and of his ‘mysterious’ death. I picked up a paperback of it, literally for pennies, on amazon. It looks like there’s a few different covers, but the one I’ve got is shown below. (She was originally hired to write a film, so maybe they’re linked?)

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

Has anybody seen some more of his East-German westerns?

There was to be a series of his films on Finnish television, someone mentioned about a year ago?

I have seen Blutsbrüder (1975) which is a great anti-American Indianer-Film, a bit like Soldier Blue.

He also made in East-Germany Kit & Co (1974) and Sing Cowboy Sing (1981).

He also did in 1984 a Japanese/ West-German film Uindii but I don’t think this was a western?

1 Like

DEAN REED FOREVER

DEAN REED FOREVER II :slight_smile:

I have notes from a friend who saw SING COWBOY SING 1981 and this was directed by
Dean Reed , starred Dean Reed with Vaclav Nekar and was a comedy :’( “western”.
It was ok but totally inferior compared to DEAN REED’s 1960s superb SWs.
The other tiltles I have not seen but don’t really rate too much as I like his 1960s Films.
Others may like them :o Dean Reed’s Big song from 1978 “Cindy” was very catchy.

1 Like