Deadly Spaghetti

New book, has someone ordered it already?

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Deadly_Spaghetti:_The_Goodest,the_Baddest%26_the_Ugliest_Italian_Westerns_Ever_Made

That’s a pretty funny note from the author. Covering his ass I see.

I haven’t but at that price I will definitely be giving it a shot. Will also review it for the database of course.

It’s cheap enough to just take a dive and buy it but I’ll wait until your review before I make a decision.

I’m halfway and this book is pretty entertaining.

It deals with 32 movies all discussed in the same manner. First a short synopsis, followed by a number of characteristics like:

• Spaghetti code 1: The hero achieves some form of personal selfish gain
  • Spaghetti code 2: The hero gets beat up / tortured
  • Spaghetti code 3: You must be entertained at all times
    Then there is a checklist whether the movie contains the adjust elements. I.e.:
  • Accuracy of the movie poster
  • Hero and villain entry and exit
  • Body count

The checklist is a trigger for additionaql descriptions of certain movie parts. All is written in a comical way and does not get annoying or imposing an opinion.
And last but not least the author rates the movies good, bad or ugly.

The way the movies are described are more or less an indication whether they are interesting to watch.
ILike it is normal with this kind of lists, you do not have to agree with the autor’s opnion. A number of movies i would judge otherwise.
But therefore I read the comments of a movie at this Forum as well, just to know what others think of a movie and what they se or hear what I could have missed.

2 Likes