Dead Men Ride / Anda muchacho, spara! (Aldo Florio, 1971)

Nice site !

Nice site indeed Angel Face. And welcome to the forum.

Yes, same for me, nice site.

Great site, going to spend some time over there

And interesting reviews, if I may say so

Thanks for all the kind comments everybody. The write ups here are very well done and the people here are incredibly respectful as opposed to other boards Iā€™ve seen. ;D

Cool ass site! :slight_smile:

haha, thanks, korano. I was shown this site over a year ago, but didnā€™t really pay attention to it until a month ago as I used the review section to cross reference some names. After finally signing up and perusing the forum, itā€™s without doubt the premier (and best) site for European sagebrush sagas. ;D

Watched this one today in the fan dub version mentioned above.
Excellent work whoever did it. Really allows the filmā€™s quality to shine through. And I do like this one. As others have mentioned it is one of the best from the seventies despite its Leone borrowings. I think Testi actually carries off his part well and I didnā€™t see too much Eastwood impersonating at all.
Recommended.

Yeah loved this more after seeing it a second time. The score is amazing, I canā€™t get over how good the music isā€¦ they re-used it really well at the end of SCALPS also.

Has anybody here meanwhile got hold of an english audio version in (whatever quality) of this little gem?

I watched an italian audio version this weekend. Nice flick. The scene in the ā€œbarbeariaā€ itā€™s excelent!
Emilianoooo!!!.. Bang!!!

Iā€™m really looking forward to the upcoming release. I only have a poor TV copyā€¦ :ā€™(

Great film. In some ways corrects the wrongs of Fistful of Dollarsā€¦

Such as?

Fistful has a sluggish structure, while here we have a well pace story layered with suspense.

Also, I think it outdid the final duel of Fistful in some aspects.

Still Fistful is the better film on the wholeā€¦

I think itā€™s only a very thin layer of suspenseā€¦ I mean, there are some kinds of mysteries, but theyā€™re quite predictable.

Unfortunately I canā€™t remember the final, but the afore mentioned release end of the month might change that.

The final duel in Anda is well staged, but no match for AFoD.

Well I think directing wise FoD easily overpowers, but I think Anda has great creativityā€¦
Overall FoD is still the better but Anda is quite memorableā€¦

I like this one because itā€™s just pure Spaghetti Western. Itā€™s stylish, dramatic, violent, sexy, and action packed. My kinda film.

1 Like

Canā€™t say it better ā€¦