This is part of SWDb 3.0 and ties in with some other endeavors.
Overall goal: Make people info more useful in the SWDb (biographies, trivia, dates, facts, figures) and tie people info more closely together with a) obits b) forum topics that exist on these persons, and c) a master calendar.
Things to do:
- Fill the master calendar
- @Tom_B where do your obit texts/bios go? They should probably also go on a person’s category page or dedicated page. What do we do if there isn’t one (maybe because the person hardly even had one direct relation to spaghetti westerns)
- add pictures, dates, facts, figures, links to people pages and/or categories
- link to forum topics that exist (for example, that are tons of “RIP…” topics)
What else can we think of that needs improvement?
Here is a possible “workflow” (order can be changed):
- Identify a person (actor, producer, director, etc.)
- Add biographical data to the person’s page or category in the database; created it if necessary
- Add a non-copyrighted picture, trivia, links and other information, such as a link to a forum topic if one exists.
- Add the relevant dates to the master calendar by adding entries there for this person, linking both to the person’s category or page as well as example works the person was involved in.
- Ensure that from such works, links point to the person’s category or page.
- Check if other content in the database could either be linked to from the category or page, or should link to the category or page. Example: articles about the person; interviews with the person, etc.