Cultaction.com

Apologies if this is elsewhere, searches of “cultaction”, cultaction.com" and simply “cult action” didn’t bring up anything. Please merge, mods, if I’ve missed the thread.

Has anyone bought anything from them? Does anyone know if they’re any good/reputable?

[url]http://www.cultaction.com/film-catalog/spaghetti-western/[/url]

Overpriced bootlegs. Nice looking site though.

CG projects on disc and very expensive ones.

What about putting the SW releases of cultaction.com on the SWDB?

Maybe they want to stick with licenced genuine products only(+ wild east :P) but even IF they would put it, there should be big warning note they are bootlegs. I can imagine many use SWDB as shopping guide(including me) and some do not want bootlegs into their collection(including me again)…

Thank you for the hint. I didn’t know that. Me too, I do not want any bootlegs in my collection but I really want to watch Tre pistole contro Cesare and El Puro! :smiley:

I bought some DVDs from them. El Puro was one of them. It’s not in widescreen even though they advertised it as such but it’s pretty good quality and the artwork is nice. It’s worth it if you want it in your collection.

Could you post a screenshot?

Sure. How do I do that? (still haven’t figured it out yet!) Last time I tried inserting images, all my pictures didn’t show. Anyway, when I say “good,” I mean that it’s better than some of the transfers Mill Creek offers. There are some transfers in the Mill Creek sets, e.g. It Can Be Done… Amigo, Death Rides a Horse, etc, that I am unable to watch. Cult Action’s El Puro is by no means a great transfer but it doesn’t distract me from the film itself.

Tried to post some screen-shots. Failed again. ::slight_smile:

How far back into the process do you need help? Have you taken the pictures? Uploaded them to an online image sharing site?

I just don’t like it when bootleg sites don’t post screenshots, if you ask me to spend 12.99 on a bootleg then show me what I’m paying for, I don’t give a toss about your art work.

[quote=“Rutledal, post:11, topic:3387”]How far back into the process do you need help? Have you taken the pictures? Uploaded them to an online image sharing site?

I just don’t like it when bootleg sites don’t post screenshots, if you ask me to spend 12.99 on a bootleg then show me what I’m paying for, I don’t give a toss about your art work.[/quote]

Uploaded them to imgur.com and then tried to insert the link. I’ll try tinypic instead.

You need to copy the link in the box marked “BBCode (forum)”.

Thanks for the tip. I hope these help. :slight_smile:

Yep, tells me to not buy from this site.

I’m glad I could show you before you went ahead then. I’ll get the screen shots for ‘I Want Him Dead’ now. It’s better quality than the El Puro DVD.

Its not bad, but it is not 12.99 plus shipping.

Fair enough. It all depends on how badly you want to have a copy to sit with the rest of DVDs. I’ve paid more for Wild East and rare VHS tapes before. By far the best-looking bootleg I ever bought was Jonathan of the Bears by Underground Empire. The DVD artwork was so well made that it looked like an official release.

Cult Action’s transfer of I Want Him Dead:

Tried playing my Cult Action bootlegs on the widescreen TV and both El Puro and I Want Him Dead play in widescreen. I thought they were fullscreen but it turns out it was the settings on my TV. Despite being a bootleg, their transfer of ‘I Want Him Dead’ is probably the nicest I’ve seen.