Conspiracy/Parnormal Thread

meant every word I said. No sarcasm.

Iā€¦Iā€¦, have you thought about moving?! Have you checked the Revolutionary War soldier rolls for someone named Viggola? Youā€™ve either got a ghost or have gotten hold of some seriously wack herb. Just kidding about the herbā€¦You need to check it out if you havenā€™t already.

Weā€™ve got a pretty good UFO story that happened about 180 west of here(Lubbock, Tx) called ā€œThe Roswell Incident.ā€ Maybe you guys have heard of it. In a nutshell, the story goes that a UFO crashed in 1947 on a ranch outside Roswell, New Mexico and in the wreckage were some dead E.T.s and supposedly one or two were still alive. The military said the crashed vessel was just a weather balloon. Everyone else was like ā€œyeah, right.ā€ At any rate, there was definitely some kind of cover up because something did crash. Maybe a craft from an enemy nation, maybe a secret government flying machine? The old timers say it wasnā€™t any weather balloon. The live, captured "martiansā€™ were supposedly kept at Area 51.

If you ever visit Roswell, donā€™t miss going to their UFO Museum and Research Center. Those people have a pretty good sense of humor and they definitely know how to financially capitalize on the flying saucer story.

1 Like

Iā€™m actually a big fan of Amazing Randi and Michael Shermer. I used to subscribe to a skeptics magazine. I laughed when all of the psychics were claiming that they were talking to Michael Jacksonā€™s spirit from beyond the grave. I am open to the idea that ghosts and UFOs exist however.

:smiley:

I was once sleeping over at a friends house where his house makes a lot of shadows and creaks at nightā€¦ Me and my other friend who was sleeping over as well was puposely making me paranoid, only for it backfire and make him paranoid as wellā€¦We then saw a black cat which we knew belonged to our friendā€¦ it crept creeping towards us with its collar jingling then we heard a second collar jinglingā€¦and there was another black cat that we hadnt seen all nightā€¦! We tried to wake up the friend that lived there to ask if he had two black catsā€¦but he would not budgeā€¦We slowly got up to turn on the lights and the other cat was goneā€¦We asked our friend in the morning if he had two cats and he said noā€¦

1 Like

My fault. I misread what you mistyped ;). I thought I would receive skepticism. Maybe Stanton can provide that :slight_smile:

Havenā€™t checked & donā€™t want to know. I have heard friends suggest this but we are all set. We have never felt threatened so we are not too worried. It would be worse if we bought our first place & then found it haunted by something evil. WTF do you do then? Sell, move? Iā€™ve heard stories like that & itā€™s fucked up.

Maybe ā€¦

cool story and photo Iā€¦Iā€¦Idiotā€¦ my girlfriendā€™s really into the ghost stuff with photos, EVPs and all the likeā€¦ i myself remain cheerfully agnostic about the subject and am happy to look at these things with a boggled mind and get a genuine WTFā€¦ so many unexplained things in the world that just go ignoredā€¦ i dont like to subscribe to any set belief, because who knows what the hell is going onā€¦ like i hinted at in a post a while back, learned scientists used to deny the existence/evidence of meteorites that fell to earth because rocks do not fall out of the sky because, of course, there are no rocks in the skyā€¦ sometimes you just gotta look at the evidence and say maybe it doesnā€™t make sense, but thereā€™s obviously something going on there worth looking at

This is an interesting thread! I love reading about all paranormal stuff. I can share you a story of what has happened to me

So, when I was younger, I would sometimes hear a woman call my name. This would happen in random situations in random places and she has called my name only on 4 or 5 different occasions. Sometimes she calls my name in a very creepy way, but usually itā€™s calmer and doesnā€™t sound so threatening. Here are two of the creepiest memories of these incidents. The first one is definitely scarier.

I canā€™t remember how old I exactly was, but I think I was 10 or 11. One day, I was alone in our house, my parents and brother were outside. I was playing in my parentsā€™ bedroom so I couldnā€™t see to the door of vestibule. I heard someone open the door between outside and vestibule, footsteps in the vestibule (at this point I thought itā€™s just mom coming in) and finally, she opened the door between the vestibule and our living room/kitchen. The footsteps stopped there and I wondered for a couple of seconds why mom didnā€™t say that sheā€™s back in. Then I was frozen from horror: I started to hear a woman call my name in a very scary way, and the only thought that crossed my mind was ā€œThatā€™s not my momā€. As mentioned earlier, I couldnā€™t see the door from my parentsā€™ room, so I just sat there and then it stopped. I was so damn relieved when mom finally really came in.

Another time, we had PE in the 8th grade. We had a little competition where we worked in pairs. My pair/friend was on the other side of the hall doing one of the tasks and I was happily cheering for her. Then it happened again: The woman called my name, but when I looked around, there was no one who could have said it with that voice. The calling came from the left side of the hall, but we didnā€™t do anything there that day, so that side of the hall was empty. I couldnā€™t concentrate on the competition that much anymore, because I was so distracted and anxious about the voice. 20 minutes later, I was feeling normal again.

I havenā€™t heard her voice in a long time now, but I still get spooked sometimes if for example Iā€™m lost in my thoughts and mom suddenly calls my name from a little farther if weā€™re shopping. I donā€™t miss her calling me, but it would be nice to know who she is and what she wants. Maybe Iā€™ll go to a psychic one day and find out whatā€™s going onšŸ˜…

5 Likes

After films in general, my 2nd passion is the varied mythologies, folklore, urban legends, and cryptozoology from around the world. I find it all so fascinating and wonderful.

A cryptid that doesnā€™t get enough attention I think is the Beast of Gevaudan, a purported werewolf that terrorized a small village in the south of France in the 18th century. After reading as much as I can and seeing a History Channel special on the topic, Iā€™ve come to believe the theory that the monster was indeed an escaped hyena that was used by its ā€˜killerā€™ Jean Chastel as means of getting some sort of revenge on the town for shunning him. This theory has never been finalized even though enough evidence supports it mainly because Chastel has attained a folk hero status in the town, and that he still has living descendants who would unfairly have to carry that burden if proven true.

Iā€™d also like to include that the house I grew up in had a ghost or spirit of sorts in residence. My Mom and I could never figure out if the ghost was male or female, but did theorize whoever it was either owned the house or was a resident in the house in the past. My Mom told me the ghost felt a particular fondness for me as she felt a strong positive presence in my bedroom a couple of times. My entire childhood I was never afraid of being by myself in the house, and I suddenly realized that I subconsciously knew something was looking out for me. Gotta admit it was both fascinating and a little creepy knowing a ghost was watching me grow up, but I mostly feel good about it. Sadly, we had to move when our neighborhood went down hill, but I must admit I miss that ghost and its protective nature.

2 Likes

The European hard rock band Powerwolf actually has a song called ā€œThe Beast of Gevaudanā€.

There were two similar, lesser known cases: the Wolf of Ansbach and the Beast of Cusago (1685 and 1792 respectively).

Speaking of paranormal, for those who understand some Italian here is a direct testimony of what happened practically every evening, strictly before midnight, at Demofilo Fidaniā€™s house during the sĆ©ances

From 4:00 to 57:40

1 Like

Hereā€™s something related to spaghetti westerns. The Mercenary UFO story. The story goes that during the filming of The Mercenary, a UFO was spotted in the sky. Apparently, they filmed the UFO and sent the footage to NASA. Itā€™s interesting to see if thereā€™s any other paranormal stories during the filming of a spaghetti western.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not 100% sure ā€¦ but I think the film went to the Vatican ā€¦ there is an interview with Mrs Corbucci on the German release DVD of ā€˜Vamos a matar, Companerosā€™, which talks about the incident and shows the footage ā€¦ itā€™s pretty impressive, I thought ā€¦ even extraterrestrials love ā€˜Spagsā€™ :wink:

2 Likes

I own that dvd but have never seen that. Iā€™ll have to give it a look.

1 Like