Comparing the Leone Anthology to the 2 disc SE dvds

(ITGIALLO) #1

Guy, I got the anthology last night and I already own the 2 disc TGTBTU.Is there any reason to buy the first 2 movies on the 2 disc formats? I like the idea of having the nice post cards for The Good… Am I missing out on much If I dont buy the 2 disc dvds?

Thank you
Sean

(Chris_Casey) #2

[quote=“ITGIALLO, post:1, topic:2106”]Guy, I got the anthology last night and I already own the 2 disc TGTBTU.Is there any reason to buy the first 2 movies on the 2 disc formats? I like the idea of having the nice post cards for The Good… Am I missing out on much If I dont buy the 2 disc dvds?

Thank you
Sean[/quote]

No, sir. I believe the two disc versions are identical to the discs that make up the Sergio Leone anthology. So, you won’t be missing anything, amigo.

(Sebastian) #3

aside from the cooler packaging of the original release that came with postcards etc

(Chris_Casey) #4

As far as the American releases go, the only one that came with “postcards, etc.” was THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY, and ITGIALLO says he already has that. The American 2-disc releases of A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS and FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE did not come with anything but unimportant booklets (and one of them even has a picture from an non-Spaghetti Western illustrating it!); so, again, I say he won’t be missing anything.