Comin’ at Ya! (Ferdinando Baldi, 1981)

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:32, topic:1939”]Cheers for that bit of news, amigo!

Any word on the DVD releases for A STRANGER IN TOWN and THE STRANGER RETURNS?

I know the talks are going on…or were.[/quote]

Jody klein just bought the rights to GET MEAN from Ron Schneider.
So a box set of Tony’s output between 68’ to 76’ is on the way.
That includes not just westerns but everything inbetween (Cometogether/Pete, Pearl And The Pole).

Fans can also expect the uncut version of SILENT STRANGER, which nobody has ever seen.

BTW the radio show is call in. So feel free to ask Tony questions of your own.

Any idea when this will happen?

None.
Jody is in no hurry.

[quote=“YourPallbearer, post:30, topic:1939”]Tony Anthony (Star and producer of COMIN’ AT YA!) will be interviewed on ZOMBIE POPCORN RADIO on Saturday, Feb. 13th 2010.
Tony will talk about his 3-D films as well as go into detail about COMIN’ AT YA NOIR 3D!

Be sure to listen in between 7pm to 9pm!

here is the site
http://zombie-popcorn.com/?page_id=3685[/quote]

^ Reminder.
Show starts tonight at 7 pm eastern.
The show will be available for download on Zombie Popcorn as well as cominatyanoir3d.com a few days after it aires (just in case you miss it).

Several more viral radio shows are planned to cover more aspects of Tony’s career (which is a lot more than any of us actually know about).

P.S. you can ask Tony questions yourself.
Leave a question in the chat room and the host will ask Tony about it.

is it possible to get a copy of the 35mm version for germany (magdeburg)? is it possible to show the 3D version with a normal 35mm projector?

i would love to show it here. any facts about costs etc.?

So when is the movie actually gonna be released?

Any News on this Issue ??? ::slight_smile:

Yesterday I left a message to subscribers of the site telling them that Tony just finished an interview with FANGORIA magazine.

With the future release of RESIDENT EVIL:AFTERLIFE 3D, PIRANHA 3D and SAW 3D they’re are doing a big article on 3-D genre films and COMIN’ AT YA is going to be the center piece.

Database comment in 1d:

In their third SW collaboration Tony Anthony and Ferdinando Baldi reused several story elements of their biggest hit Blindman. Some of the Blindman qualities are still retained, in which the potential for a better film is apparent, but Comin’ at Ya! is, apart from unimaginative filmed slow motion and some weird ideas, filled with ridiculous looking superfluous shots, whose only odd purpose was to serve the here much overused 3-d effects. In the end even Anthony looks uncomfortable in his costume and lacks the charisma of his previous SWs.

The word in bold is superfluous

Otherwise: as usual

Ah, ok. Thanks

If you spot bad English in the database don’t hesitate to change it without asking. If I think otherwise I ask you, or anyone else who checks my grammar.

Normally Carlos checks my Database things for Grammar errors and clumsy sounding phrasings, but he wasn’t that much on the board lately. He has done apart from that a lot of work there, for which he deserves our thanks.

Finally watched this movie in a Pan & Scan-Version without 3D-effects.
Tony Anthony is cool as always, but somehow the scenes, that were shot just for the 3D-effects, and the terrible editing ruined the movie.
There are some nice shoot-outs, enjoyable music and an unintentionally hilarious scene with bats.

4/10

The version of my choice as 3D is not very kind on my bad eyes for one thing.

Thanks for putting it up.

Anybody going?
Tony won’t be able to be there.

I will be there! Can u put me on the guest list?
I think I also emailed u

Emailed you back. :slight_smile:

will u be there, Eric?

screening is tomorrow, yay!

gonna watch it tomorrow in Berlin, so excited

Don’t forget the the glasses ;D