Comedy westerns

[quote=“Tom B., post:14, topic:670”]In my opinion the comedy westerns is what killed the Spaghetti western genre.

I love the Trinity films but when they started a subgenre of Spaghetti westerns they
took away all the relevance of the hard hitting films of the genre. Even the characters
like Ringo, Sabata and Sartana were satirized to the point the genre couldn’t make a
comeback. The hard hitting films of the late 1970s were as good as any in the genre.
If Mannaja, Silver Saddle and Keoma couldn’t revitalize the genre, nothing will.

:-[[/quote]This is only partly true. What is more significant is the social and economical changes in Italy during 70’s. Spaghetti westerns were very popular in rural areas but most of the small movie theaters started to vanish in 70’s. Films started to be more targeted to urban citizens.

The two “Trinity” films with Terence and Bud were my first real exposure to spaghetti westerns. In my early teens, I saw both at the theatre back in the early '70s. I absolutely fell in love with those movies and they led me to be a lifelong fan of the spaghetti western genre. Guess each person takes a different path to becoming a SW buff.

[quote=“Lindberg, post:8, topic:670”]I don’t understand how these spaghettis with a lot of crazy brawling were considered humorous, they’re just stupid and boring.[/quote] agreed. spaghetti comedy westerns? hate them with a vengeance! hey have i just come up with a new title?

‘Hate Them With A Vengeance’…I want to buy this one just on the title alone. Sounds like one fuckin’ good Spag. ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote=“Tigrero, post:24, topic:670”]‘Hate Them With A Vengeance’…I want to buy this one just on the title alone. Sounds like one fuckin’ good Spag. ;D ;D ;D ;D[/quote]cheers. it is a good sounding title.

[quote=“Silvanito, post:8, topic:670”]Even Leone had some humorous elements in the Dollars trilogy, but mostly of the right kind.

I don’t understand how these spaghettis with a lot of crazy brawling were considered humorous, they’re just stupid and boring.

Viva La Muerte…Tua! is a genuinely funny semi-comedy SW ;D[/quote]

It is very quotable.

Was wondering what Italian-western comedy films are worth checking out?

You can check out this topic:

Thank You!

Try “Life is though, eh providence” and the sequel “here we go again, eh providence”. same location of Trinity and good Actors (Milian and Greg Palmer), good Actress (Janet Agren and Carole Andrè …yummi!!).
Some quotations should be lost in translation, (the general interviewing our heroes in prison was a very popular anchorman famous for TVquiz show…that’s why they only showed his back in the beginning …it had to be a surprise) but you’ll enjoy it.

I will check it out! I have watched very few spaghetti-comedies! Thank you!

This is my favourite

COMIC STRIP PRESENTS - A Fistful Of Traveller's Cheques (You're Going To Die) - YouTube

I’m going to get crucified for this, but I absolutely adore Lo Chiamavano Tresette.

I have a soft spot for movies that just go all out absurd, and thanks to the ridiculous English dubbing, this movie makes a nice spot in my favorite movie list.

I’m a fan of the even crazier sequel. It’s weird because I hated it when I first saw it.

I’ve really been wanting to see that! I’ve been wanting to nab the german release, and have been hoping to also find a copy first film. When I get some money together I’d like to scout around and try to get it.