Colt Collection (8 DVDs)

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/colt-collection-spaghetti-western-p-3575.html

pretty sweet… if you understand Italian :frowning:

Lucky there isn’t anything that hasn’t been released in English already somewhere to piss us of.

i wonder if they are available seperately because the documentary looks interesting and it has English on it :slight_smile:

Il mercenario??? i am mightily pissed off :slight_smile:

didn’t you get a Japanese one Seb?

yeah if you send me 60 bucks, sure, I’ll order one. but honestly, I don’t spend that much money on a DVD

The Colt Collection also includes the documentary film L’America A Roma in which is included talks with some former spaghetti westerns ‘stars’ such as Guglielmo Spoletini (aka William Bogard aka William Spolt)… And this disc DOES have English subtitles.

I got this some time ago before I managed to get English audio versions of most of the films included. It’s a mixed bag really, “Sabata” is a quite poor print (very dark in places and has a film break in it), “Man Of The East” has been cropped and looks like it’s from a video source, the documentary is fun to watch though. Shot as a though a group of now old Spaghetti Western actors are trying to get one last Spaghetti Western film made. The documentary shows a group of them watching a video (widescreen and with English audio!) of “Rattler Kid” that Guglielmo Spoletini’s son sent his father from America. It’s quite moving seeing Spoletini watching himself as a young man and makes me want to see the film myself. Lots of old locations are shown, you even get to see inside Cinecitta as it is today (abandoned). It’s great to see all the familiar faces as they are now, even Carlo Lizzani is in it. It’s a pity “L’America A Roma” isn’t more widely available (you can only get it with the boxset). BTW the packaging for this boxset is so bad it’s virtually impossible not to scratch the discs when taking them out.
Regarding “Il Mercenario” I couldn’t wait any longer for an English audio version so I’ve just sent off for the cheap US Direct Source DVD “A Professional Gun/God’s Gun”, probably a mistake.

why can’t somebody rip the italian mercenario dvd and slam the english audio under it and sell bootlegs? fucking a i am not a fan of bootlegs, but this is torture.
or how about a bootleg of the japanese dvd? damn

Oh dear! i had this before i got the Japanese boxset, horrible washed out p & s print that looks like a pirate vhs! :stuck_out_tongue:

This version does the film no justice what so ever!

[quote=“Sebastian, post:8, topic:574”]why can’t somebody rip the italian mercenario dvd and slam the english audio under it and sell bootlegs? fucking a i am not a fan of bootlegs, but this is torture.
or how about a bootleg of the japanese dvd? damn[/quote]

Why not just buy a copy of the japanese disc from Ebay if you want it so badly? This person http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-MERCENARY-Nero-J-Palance-US-DVD-Corbucci-Morricone_W0QQitemZ170106559598QQihZ007QQcategoryZ617QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem seems to sell copies of the disc. Always adding a new one when someone buys the one that is up.

this auction looks great, but are those copies? or are those originals? because the price is just out of control cheap if you ask me. sounds like a bootleg to me…

i have ‘cemetery without crosses’ from the same guy and it’s copy of spo disc, but a really good copy, looking almost as good as original disc.

You are paying $13 for a dvdr copy of an original dvd. I wouldn’t exactly call it cheap. But certainly cheaper than the real deal, no doubt.

It’s funny. I was watching Rattler Kid a couple of weeks ago and was reminded of the exact same scene you describe above: Gugliemo Spoletini watching his younger self standing at the bar with a hint of a tear in his eye.

If you want to watch the movie it is available in a full screen version: http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/rattler-kid-p-10281.html or if you understand German you can buy Django - Unersättlich wie ein Satan which was the version I watched and which is presented in anamorphic widescreen.

Cheers for the info AvatarDK :slight_smile:
I knew about the xploited DVD but was holding out for a 16:9 English audio version (as if that’s ever going to happen). The German disc sounds good but I don’t understand German unfortunately. I’ll probably get the US one sometime, too many other discs on my wants list at the moment :wink:

BTW what did you think to Rattler Kid ? I’ve heard it’s not very good but I still want to see it.

[quote=“Sebastian, post:8, topic:574”]why can’t somebody rip the italian mercenario dvd and slam the english audio under it and sell bootlegs? fucking a i am not a fan of bootlegs, but this is torture.
or how about a bootleg of the japanese dvd? damn[/quote]

I’ve got the Colt Collection DVD, like I mentioned on the Mercenary thread (I even made a link for some sreenshots overthere).
It’s a bit dark overall, but it’s widescreen and there’s little print damage, so the Italians did not use the same source as the japanese for their disc (an awful p&s).
Is there somebody out there who knows how to slam (my dear, slam …) English audio under it?
I’m willing to place my disc at the person’s disposal.
Another possibility would be putting English subtitles under it.
If i were only well-equipped for the job …

Yes, it would be highly unethical, but it’s only for fun, so I promis to use my left hand when putting the disc in the player.

scherpschutter, the American DVD release is p&s.

The Japanese release is widescreen and has english audio.

An original is very expensive, but you can probably get a copy from someone.

[quote=“Silvanito, post:18, topic:574”]scherpschutter, the American DVD release is p&s.

The Japanese release is widescreen and has english audio.

An original is very expensive, but you can probably get a copy from someone.[/quote]

Misread somebody’s post;
Don’t really need the japanese disc, I understand Italian and my DVD is fine (watched already three times)

Who can verify, optimize and if necessary correct/expand all the info in the database about this edition, including higher quality cover images etc?