Collecting more location scouting websites

Hi Sebastian,
this is a great idea - I have been thinking along the same lines about splitting the locations topics by area and adding photos but you are going for an even more comprehensive plan which is great .
This site should be the definitive location guide.

I have spent many hours using google 3D to find locations as in the example above - sometimes very difficult. It is made worse by not having many Spanish roads on street view.

This one is also VERY good.

http://y-yasuda.net/area-location.htm

Hey Runner,
I have just been researching Sw locations in Fonelas/Rambla de Los bancos including your shots. I have found locations on the Gr-5103 road and in the rambla (Loma de la sepultura) but having difficulty with the Jesse James location from 7 women for the MacGregors - do you know if this is located at the top of the rambla?
Also, can you drive to the top of the rambla or is this a walk? I did see an access point from the Gr-5103 But it seems to be private.
Thanks for any pointers.

Hi ! Fonelas area as SW location is rather new for me. I have never been there, only visited the place the cyberway via some Google maps-searching (as the example shows) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Understood - I am also spending more time looking up locations that I can’t visit at the moment!

If you have more than enough time, you might try to solve this extremely difficult but challenging SW location mystery (Many have tried but no one have succeded yet as far as I know) :wink: :
https://forum.spaghetti-western.net/t/mystery-of-railway-station-esperanza-navajo-joe/

1 Like

I tried that mystery already - I think it needs a local train enthusiast to help

1 Like

Yes and we can be honored to have @garringo55 with us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Yoshi, I didn’t know that you were on this forum. Your website is a great resource for SW location research.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi, to tell he truth…it’s my first time comment on this forum.Thanks for visiting my website.

Nice to have you with us Yoshi.
I know a lot of us here have used and enjoyed your location site.

2 Likes

Hi Yoshi,

It’s been a long time, hope you remember these guys?

Your site is invaluable to anyone interested in Euro western locations. Hope you are doing fine.

Adrian … also known as ‘aldo’ :wink:

1 Like

split this off from the other topic. We are really great to have you here!

Interestingly you can still easily find the Barcelona building where Gemma was involved in his last fight in The Return of Ringo.
If you copy a link to a web browser the current building “Can Sentmenat” can be seen. If you combine https://www.google.se/ with the rest of the link below it should work.
maps/place/Can+Sentmenat/@41.3790495,2.0909869,54a,35y,31.38h,60.32t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x12a4990982f5293d:0x44728d1efb0df522!8m2!3d41.3798309!4d2.0915085

The bulding matches well with Can Hospital here on Yoshi Yasuda’s very useful web site :
http://y-yasuda.net/esplugas%20city.htm

It can’t be very far from the nowadays nonexistent Barcelona western town Esplugas City which also was a location in The Return of Ringo.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. Funnily enough we’re hoping to go to Catalonia as well as Almeria when times are more stable, purely for a holiday not location scouting. Now that I’ve seen this though we’ll have to take a bit detour in Barcelona if we do end up going. Much appreciated :slight_smile:

And while in Barcelona the western town Esplugas City was located here https://www.google.se/
maps/search/mallola+esplugues/@41.3791698,2.0843749,358a,35y,30.94h,16.05t/data=!3m1!1e3

…according to this web site Historias cinematográficas: Estudios Balcázar y Esplugas City

Probably no appearant archeological findings though. But sometimes google images from above can reveal some interesting details…

So the shortest way, a straight line, between Esplugas City and Gemma’s house with the final battle in The Return of Ringo was around 600 meters.
When the Esplugas City had to be moved in 1967 it appears it was just a little change of location to compensate for a new highway that was to be custructed.

1 Like

Thanks man, I’ll probably check that out too. Even if there’s nothing to see literally it’ll still be good to be in the location :slight_smile:

When I was there in 2009 I tried to get to the old Esplugas City site but it is covered largely by a school now so no access allowed. Closest I could come to a site photo showing as of now was this street shot. It was a misty day so not great visibility of the hills behind but you get the idea.

1 Like

And there’s a park too which took the name

The old guy in the shot was a local I got chatting to who told me how he remembered when it was a studio.
Never found the Ringo house back then although it now seems it was close by. Have to look for it next time

1 Like

Thanks Phil. Like I say if I can just be there and know what it once was even though I can’t see it first-hand, that’ll be enough for me.