Coen Brothers Western script ! (?)

I was just reading abot the Coens when they said they have written a script for a western with quote, “With a lot of violence in it. There’s scalping and hanging…it’s good. Indians torturing people with ants, cutting there eyelids offwith ants.” SOUNDS LIKE MY KINDA’ MOVIE!!! ;D But who knows if this one willever get made. I just wanted to raise some interest. Apparently it said they want a little spaghetti in there next western.

Here are a few articles I found.

[url]http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/12/27/the-coen-brothers-directing-a-western-next/[/url]

I don’t know where but I heard something about a remake of True Grit by the Coen Brothers. If this is true I would like to have Natalie Portman as the girl and Bruce Willis in the John Wayne Role as Rooster Cogburn. :smiley:

Bruce Willis…in all seriousness I think he’d do a great western.

If it’s true though I’d love to see this movie!

[quote=“Pacificador, post:3, topic:1398”]Bruce Willis…in all seriousness I think he’d do a great western.

If it’s true though I’d love to see this movie![/quote]

Oh yes and IMO he is something like the last real action hero (not Arnold).

While I would agree along with Pacificador that Willis is an inspired casting choice for Rooster Cogburn, Natalie Portman is far too old for the character of Mattie Ross. For that matter, even Kim Darby was too old to play the character who is supposed to be 14 years old in both the book and the movie. However, to “age up” the character would also serve to completely throw off the character dynamic between Mattie and every other character in the story.

I think his appeal is that he’s kind of an “everyman” type of action hero. At least, I can identify with him.

What a pity Natalie is too old for the role. :’( Maybe Ellen Page (Don’t know any other younger actress) but she also will be too old when the Coen’Brothers start to make this movie (when ever this will be or not).