Clint Eastwood

I’m (EDIT:) not so sure he would have been very good as Bond. Bond is British (and so have all the actors who played him, apart from George Lazenby who I think is Australian) and Eastwood is American, so I don’t think it would have worked.

I agree John, lets try and keep Bond British.

Lets also try to keep Sherlock Holmes British!!!

Yeah, since when did we need an american to play Holmes? We have lots of great British actors around like… Er… Um… :-\ :-[

[quote=“John Welles, post:41, topic:2111”]I’m (EDIT:) not so sure he would have been very good as Bond. Bond is British (and so have all the actors who played him, apart from George Lazenby who I think is Australian) and Eastwood is American, so I don’t think it would have worked.[/quote]no it wouldn’t have worked, they also asked Burt Reynolds, and John Gavin, no keep him British!

All this talk of Bond being British, yes true, but he is also supposed to be English, only Roger Moore and Daniel Craig are English :wink:

Yea! Fuck that Connery dude!

Oh, but the first screen 007 was an American though:

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:48, topic:2111”]Oh, but the first screen 007 was an American though:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0625167/[/quote]
Ahem… You mean the one we don’t talk about:

Indeed I am.

A selection of Eastwood audio / video clips:

[url]Clint Eastwood - Biography, Filmography, and Lots More

After the spaghetti’s his best films are Dirty Harry & I enjoy some of the films he directed Gran Tarino was fantastic

but the Football movie was so rubbish felt almost like a propaganda type film I wanted to learn something about nelson mandella apart from “He Likes Football”

Wonder when the guy will retire…

I’m a big fan of Clint Eastwood both as a director and an actor. To me, his best films were obviously the ones directed by Leone. I also really liked the Dirty Harry films. His American Westerns (from what I’ve seen) are a bit so-so. I liked Two Mules for Sister Sarah. I also feel Unforgiven has its moments. The whole “incident” with English Bob is unforgettable as is the final sequence. Films like Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino are VERY impactful. I feel that Clint Eastwood is one of the few TRUE Hollywood legends left. He’s a guy who stands out and even when he’s gone, like John Wayne, will always be remembered for his work. You don’t find many actors like that in any country anymore… the only living actor that comes to mind besides Eastwood (and isn’t related to Westerns at all) is Christopher Lee.

Yeah, yeah, he’s a legend. The Outlaw Josey Wales is my favorite of the westerns he’s directed, though. Probably followed by High Plains Drifter. You didn’t mention either one of those, or Pale Rider.

Pale Rider was pretty good. I know a lot of people like it but for whatever reason The Outlaw Josey Wales just didn’t connect with me personally.

I thought Pale Rider was alright, but it definatly had pacing problems, especially in the middle.

High Plains Drifter is my favourite Eastwood directed western…the violence level appeals to me.

I’ve really got into Eastwood just this year, picking up most of his films - a great many I had never seen previously - to add to the Leone Dollars trilogy and Dirty Harry collection I’d owned for some time. Certainly he carries quite a few on his star quality alone, but I can’t believe now how I hadn’t discovered High Plains Drifter and The Outlaw Josey Wales all my life!

if you have liked the film the outlaw josey wales, i can recommend to you to read the book upon which it is based “gone to texas” by forrest carter.