Classic Actors You'd Love to Have Seen in SW's

I searched and didn’t find a thread similar to this.

Anybody want to discuss classic b&w actors you think had the kind of swagger to star in a Spaghetti Western? If you want to cast them in a specific role feel free to add that as well.

I’d love to have seen Humphrey Bogart in a SW if he’d been young enough. I could see him as Django or in almost any of Clint’s roles.

I always felt Lee Marvin would have been ideal to star in a Spaghetti Western.

Edward G. Robinson as one of them evil wealthy men that owns most of the shops in town and tries by foul means to get his hands on people’s land.

Kirk Douglas, Alec Guinness, Christopher Lee

it would be fun to see James Stewart as a baddie in SW :smiley:

I had in mind similar thread :slight_smile:
Lee Marvin is on top of my list too (and all of his ‘bastard sons’ would make good sw faces too, for example Ron Perlman, Tom Waits, Jim Jarmusch, Nick Cave…)
But I guess you had in mind actors from older b&w era - I think Peter Lorre would be good Kinski-style villain.

But I guess you had in mind actors from older b&w era - I think Peter Lorre would be good Kinski-style villain.
I was about to write something similar about Lorre too.

Steve McQueen, Paul Newman and Vincent Price!

James Cagney as Django
Gary Cooper as Sartana
Tyrone Power in A pistol for Ringo and The Return of Ringo
Cary Grant and Orson Welles in the two Trinity films
Robert Ryan would have made a terrific bad guy, he’d be awesome as Maj. Jackson

Oh yes! Orson would be hilarious! ;D

Of course, Orson did star in a Spaghetti Western: Tepepa.

Robert Ryan also made A Minute to Pray, A Second to Die.

Another great actor who should have been in a Spaghetti Western was James Mason. There was always a certain air of sadness or tragedy about it that I think he would’ve fit right in to a film like The Return of Ringo or The Forgotten Pistolero.

Mason was in Bad Mans River.

Robert Mitchum would have been good I think. He would have suited the ultra cool Spaghetti anti hero type.

Glenn Ford

Yes, I know John, but it would awesome to see him in a comedic role. :wink:

Bruce Lee

Good call Bad Lt. I’m pretty sure had he lived longer he would have done a third Shanghai Joe film lol.

James Robertson Justice darkened up playing a Fernando Sancho type. ;D

Gary Grant as a stuffy nosed english man who gets robbed by a load of sweaty bandits.

I can definitely see Vincent price in the evil wealthy but refined land baron role that Piero Lulli does so well.

I see Olivia Hussey, fresh off of Romeo and Juliet playing the rancher’s daughter that has to be rescued.

And how about Michael Gough as the eccentric sidekick?

I did not know this; what is he like in the film?