Circus Westerns

A term I used to be facinated with but forgot about it for a long time but just now remebered it. What exactly are these westerns? What makes them different.

They have clowns in :D.

Two wonderful exampels:
Boot Hill
Sabata Returns
:smiley:

[quote=“Paco Roman, post:3, topic:1500”]Two wonderful exampels:
Boot Hill
Sabata Returns
:D[/quote]
:stuck_out_tongue:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

The Mercenary then? :wink:

Shit … The Mercenary is a Clown Western! ::slight_smile:

yeah, don’t confuse the two!
it goes like this: westerns, clown westerns, spaghetti westerns etc…

A circus moment perhaps ? :D.

Sabata and its true sequel are indeed circus westerns.

I’m getting the lightbulb. Article.

What are some characteristics? maybe acrobats, see saws, trick weapons, gamblers, etc…

…and sometimes a few clowns perhaps ;).

This one’s all about a circus!
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/The_Valley_of_Gwangi

In this case, what makes this one different are the dinosaurs!!! ;D :stuck_out_tongue:
It gets difficult, this pigeon-holein’ sometimes … :wink:

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:10, topic:1500”]This one’s all about a circus!
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/The_Valley_of_Gwangi[/quote]

I have this one to watch, so reckon will have to move to the top of the pile a little.

Never seen it - but Twilight Avengers is meant to have all that circus-y theatrics in it as well.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Two pistols and a coward is a circus western as well

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:12, topic:1500”]Never seen it - but Twilight Avengers is meant to have all that circus-y theatrics in it as well.
:P[/quote]
Well, that film is a cheap Boot Hill rip-off so it does have some circus stuff and acrobatics going on. Unbearably bad film btw, one of the worst soundtracks ever.

Coincidentally, I was checking my copy of that very film regarding a discussion with Brother Silver Wolf just a minute ago - and I did notice a ring-mastery sort of chap.

[quote=“Silver Wolf, post:14, topic:1500”]Well, that film is a cheap Boot Hill rip-off so it does have some circus stuff and acrobatics going on. Unbearably bad film btw, one of the worst soundtracks ever.[/quote]I thought it was pretty good, better than Boot Hill.

Better than Boot Hill… that’s not saying much. :wink:

What really annoyed me in Twilight Avengers was the soundtrack - “gothic horror” music from Duel in the Eclipse was used during day scenes when instrumental version of “a king for a day” from Sartana in the Valley of Death was played during night-time scene where a woman is in danger of getting burned alive. Every single piece of music is so completely out of place that it really ruined the film for me. It might be better with sound turned off…

So what’s a circus western then? One with a circus in it odr one with loads of gimmicks 'n stuff?

How many of these circus westerns are existing anyway? For me a Circus Western is a Western with a Circus in it and the Circus has to play a major part of the plot. IMO Western with Gimmicks and Artistic Scenes (jumping from a House …) aren’t Circus Westerns. :slight_smile:

Ok, so we have Boot Hill, and? I mean, the circus has to play a starring role then. A SW with a circus in it (somewhere) isn’t one.