Cinemageddon invite

A kind soul in here just sent me an invite, so thanks!

Has Cinemageddon stopped working for everyone else too, or is it just me?

EDIT Ah, not just me, it seems. Site has fallen victim to DDoS attacks, whatever those are. Well, I’m going to practice my Voodoo Dance, see if I can direct some bad magick toward the f*ckbums responsible.

Yeah, I wondered why the site wouldn’t load the last couple days. They’re working for me now, though

Yeah, working for me again now too. My Voodoo Dance is obviously developing some potency. :slight_smile:

Did CG bite the dust?

Certainly down (again) at the moment. It’s been having some real problems lately.

They were back for a brief time, but not working as well as before, and are down again.
Serious trouble, no doubt.

It’s not dead. There’s lots going on behind the scenes to get the site back up and take steps to (hopefully) keep this kind of crap from recurring. CG will be back.

3 Likes

We’re alpha testing the site on the new server. Things are definitely moving in the right direction. Just have a wee bit more patience with us, please.

4 Likes

We have, but please keep us informed :wink:

Any sort of twitter feed or other way to provide updates?

And both CG and TV Vault are back and open for business. Tell all your friends. Well, unless you’re friends with the ddos-er who forced our migration to a new server. :grinning: Knocks on wood that we’ll be a little more durable this time.

As a side-effect of moving servers, all users will need to reset their passwords before logging in. It’s kind of a bad news/good news thing. Bad because it’s an inconvenience for everyone, good because some people had some very weak passwords and this is an opportunity to improve them.

If anyone has difficulty signing in, visit our IRC channel - irc.cinemageddon.net #help

4 Likes

Still pretty shaky, getting this more often than not:

But it held up long enough to change my password and get me back on, so that’s a start.

Lol, it’s funny how much you miss something like CG when it’s gone. I was getting myself quite panicked thinking, "How in sh!tting crikey can I enjoy a proper Gojira-thon without a working copy of Ebirah, Horror of the Deep? :slight_smile: That sounds as though I’m being sarcastic but, sadly, I’m really not. :grin:

Same here, but we won’t give up

Yep glad the site is back, thanks to all the CG staff for getting things going again.

Still can’t get access to the site

Just loaded up for me, nice to see the Turkey Shoot free leech is still up!

Just got access again.

Seems I was still logged in, so what about resetting a password?
(Haven’t tried to download yet, will try this weekend)

CG is up but I couldn’t log in because they sent my new password to an email address I last used years ago and seems like they suspended it. Tried to get help at irc.cinemageddon.net but my irc client keeps reporting socket error. Anyone knows how else I can contact the CG people?

Try Argento posting above. I think he knows someone that knows someone that might help you to locate someone that knows who are you are trying to reach.