Cinemageddon invite

Did CG bite the dust?

Certainly down (again) at the moment. Itā€™s been having some real problems lately.

They were back for a brief time, but not working as well as before, and are down again.
Serious trouble, no doubt.

Itā€™s not dead. Thereā€™s lots going on behind the scenes to get the site back up and take steps to (hopefully) keep this kind of crap from recurring. CG will be back.

3 Likes

Weā€™re alpha testing the site on the new server. Things are definitely moving in the right direction. Just have a wee bit more patience with us, please.

4 Likes

We have, but please keep us informed :wink:

Any sort of twitter feed or other way to provide updates?

And both CG and TV Vault are back and open for business. Tell all your friends. Well, unless youā€™re friends with the ddos-er who forced our migration to a new server. :grinning: Knocks on wood that weā€™ll be a little more durable this time.

As a side-effect of moving servers, all users will need to reset their passwords before logging in. Itā€™s kind of a bad news/good news thing. Bad because itā€™s an inconvenience for everyone, good because some people had some very weak passwords and this is an opportunity to improve them.

If anyone has difficulty signing in, visit our IRC channel - irc.cinemageddon.net #help

4 Likes

Still pretty shaky, getting this more often than not:

But it held up long enough to change my password and get me back on, so thatā€™s a start.

Lol, itā€™s funny how much you miss something like CG when itā€™s gone. I was getting myself quite panicked thinking, "How in sh!tting crikey can I enjoy a proper Gojira-thon without a working copy of Ebirah, Horror of the Deep? :slight_smile: That sounds as though Iā€™m being sarcastic but, sadly, Iā€™m really not. :grin:

Same here, but we wonā€™t give up

Yep glad the site is back, thanks to all the CG staff for getting things going again.

Still canā€™t get access to the site

Just loaded up for me, nice to see the Turkey Shoot free leech is still up!

Just got access again.

Seems I was still logged in, so what about resetting a password?
(Havenā€™t tried to download yet, will try this weekend)

CG is up but I couldnā€™t log in because they sent my new password to an email address I last used years ago and seems like they suspended it. Tried to get help at irc.cinemageddon.net but my irc client keeps reporting socket error. Anyone knows how else I can contact the CG people?

Try Argento posting above. I think he knows someone that knows someone that might help you to locate someone that knows who are you are trying to reach.

@Argento I couldnā€™t log into CG because they sent my new password to an email address I last used years ago and has been deleted for inactivity. Tried to get help at irc.cinemageddon.net but my irc client keeps reporting socket error 118. Do you know how else I can contact a CG staff member?

Managed to contact a CG staff member through irc using a web-based client instead. My sofware irc client (CIRC) kept giving socket errors. Problem solved now.

Wows!

I know that this is an old thread, but Iā€™m trying to get an invite for CG and I have no idea how to go about it. Is there anyone who could help me out?