Choose your personal Spaghetti Rep company

Continuing on from a discussion I was having with Lindberg on the Rep company cast from Tessari’s Ringo films it struck me as an interesting idea to select your own ideal group of personel. The principal is this:

If (in an ideal fantasy world) you were producing a series of different spaghetti westerns and you could choose a group of names to appear and make all of them, who would you pick? We will base this on the same confines as Tessari chose, so you must pick 4 actors and 2 actresses who could all interchange goodie and baddie roles. At least one of these should be older to cover the father, banker, doctor, has been roles. You also get to chose a director, cinematographer and composer. The only restrictions here are NO LEONE OR MORRICONE. Just to avoid the obvious.

When making your choices try and think versatility and variety. People who can interchange and adapt to varying material but who, together, would make something of a supergroup.

I’ll give it some thought myself and then post my line up to get you started.

Director: Alfonso Balcázar

Cinematography: Joe D’Amato

Composer: Lallo Gori

Cast: Gordon Mitchell, Fernando Sancho, William Berger, Glenn Saxson, Rosalba Neri and Simonetta Vitelli.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:2, topic:1915”]Director: Alfonso Balcázar

Cinematography: Joe D’Amato

Composer: Lallo Gori

Cast: Gordon Mitchell, Fernando Sancho, William Berger, Glenn Saxson, Rosalba Neri and Simonetta Vitelli.[/quote]

That’s quick!

No wonder you call Orlando Engelaar slow

Director: Tinto Brass

Cinematographer: Vittorio storano

Composer: Luis Enrique Bacalov

Actors: George Eastman, Luke Askew, Phillip Leroy, Gilbert Roland, Chelo Alonso, Linda Veras

This was tougher than I expected. So much to choose from!
But once I’d eliminated Milian and Kinski as too difficult for anyone to work with more than once a year I came down to the following:

Diector: Giulio Petroni
Cinematographer: Carlo Carlini
Composer: Stelvio Cipriani
Cast: Gianni Garko, Anthony Ghidra, Guglielmo Spoletini, Enrico Maria Salerno, Rada Rassimov, Nicoletta Machiaveli.

Viva Petroni!

Well working on the basis of wanting a director who could turn his hand to different stuff he seemed like a good choice. I know he gets some flak but I like his work.

Dir: Giuseppe Colizzi

DoP: Alejandro Ulloa

Score: Stelvio Cipriani

Garko, Ghidra, Wolff, Camaso, Machiavelli, Incontrera

Director: Sergio Sollima
Cinematography: Tonino Delli Colli
Music: Francesco De Mais
Cast: Gianni Garko, Fernando Sancho, Tom Felleghy, Luis Induni, Nieves Navarro, Elisa Montes

Garko’s getting a lot of love here

Director: Alfio Caltabiano

Cinematography: Massimo Dallamano

Score: Roberto Pregadio

Cast: Anthony Ghidra, Glenn Saxson, Benito Stefanelli, Ida Galli, Frank Wolff, Angelo Infanti

Production: Scherpschutter

Like this I have two directors (Caltabiano, Dallamano), two masters of arms (Stefanelli, Caltabiano) and two possible leads (Ghidra, Saxson); Wolffie can play a good-natured but foolish sheriff in one movie, and a sadistic villain in the next, Stefanelli can change his whiskers, beard, moustache or whatever for every new production and Infanti is just asked to keep his cool all the time.
Only small roles for Ida, the rest of the time she’s asked to please the producer.

For conversation sake

Director: David Lean

Production: David O. Selznick

Starring: John Wayne, Franco Nero, Richard Harrison, Donal O’Brien, Maureen O’Hara, Ida Lupina

Music: Elmer Bernstein/Bruno Nicolai

Writer: Philip Yordan/Duccio Tessari

Cinematography: John Alton

Well? I do want thoughts on this freak of a movie.

Director: Sergio Garrone

Cinematographer: Antonio Secchi

Composer: Nora Orlandi

Starring: Garko, Andrea Giordana, Frank Wolff, Claudio Camaso Giovanna Ralli Rosemary Dexter

Within genre:

Director: Robert Hossein
Cinematographer: Tonino Delli Colli
Composer: Luis Bacalov
Cast: ??

Outside of genre:

Director: Giuseppe Tornatore
Cinematographer: Lajos Koltai
Composer: Nino Rota
Cast: ??

Director: Baldi
Cinematographer: Barboni
Composer: Umiliani
Cast: Giordana, Eastman, Lulli, Sambrell, Navarro, Malfatti

BTW the category “director” is nonsense. With a cast and crew like that I would do the flicks myself :wink:

[quote=“korano, post:12, topic:1915”]For conversation sake

Director: David Lean

Production: David O. Selznick

Starring: John Wayne, Franco Nero, Richard Harrison, Donal O’Brien, Maureen O’Hara, Ida Lupina

Music: Elmer Bernstein/Bruno Nicolai

Writer: Philip Yordan/Duccio Tessari

Cinematography: John Alton

Well? I do want thoughts on this freak of a movie.[/quote]
That would make a strange film!

I know in the modern homogenized movie industry it is often hard to tell one director from another, but for an SW I’ve gotta disagree with you here.

Director: Giuliano Carnimeo
Cinematographer: Mario Bava
Composer: Bruno Nicolai
Cast: Gianni Garko, Klaus Kinski, Benito Steffanelli, George Martin, Linda Veras, Nieves Navarro

You don’t have to. I go d’accord with you, the styles of the SW directors differ indeed. BUT: