Cheap box sets

Well pfft, of course it is! Django, zombies, what more do you need? ???

Ah, but seriously, it’s probably pretty bad ;D worth a watch anyways!

There’s no Django. Just a dumb retitling.

New collection from Echo Bridge: ebhe.com - contact with domain owner | Epik.com

Haven’t been able to find any product reviews or useful descriptions. Interesting bunch of titles though especially considering Wild East’s upcoming Sartana box set.

Nice find, Jetto. I might pick this one up just for Silver Saddle, Man, Pride & Vengeance and Shango.

I love the cheesy pictures they “adjust” for each film cover, like Man, Pride And Vengeance, with Nero holding a modern hand cannon.

Yknow, if this had the one remaining Sartana film, I’d drop five bucks on this easy ;D I’m just holding onto my cash for now, in case I come across this dropped into a $2 bargain bin somewhere (I always find these sets in those bins :wink: )

Yeah, it’s a nice selection of titles. Been checking the local bargain bins but so far this one hasn’t shown up. Hopefully the films are presented in good quality too, but like I said I haven’t been able to find any specs.

This is my first post, so forgive me if I don’t have the forum etiquette down yet. But there were a couple sets that I noticed were missing from that last. One is the Grindhouse Experience dvd set from VideoAsia. Among the other exploitation films, there are a few spaghetti westerns. Also, Echo Bridge released an expanded version of the “8 Spaghetti Westerns” set called “20-Movie Western Pack.” It includes all the movies in that set as well as 12 others. Quoting Amazon, all the films included are:

MASSACRE TIME
SOME DOLLARS FOR DJANGO
LITTLE RITA
LIGHT THE FUSE, SARTANA IS COMING
HOLY WATER JOE
BUFFALO BILL, HERO OF THE WEST
BLOOD MONEY
KID VENGEANCE
THE BOUNTY KILLER
DEATH RIDES A HORSE
BUDDY GOES WEST
SANTANA KILLED THEM ALL
GRAND DUEL
DIG YOUR GRAVE, SABATA IS COMING
SARTANA IN THE VALLEY OF DEATH
SUNDANCE CASSIDY AND BUTCH THE KID
WANTED
LIFE IS TOUGH, EH PROVIDENCE?
THE PRICE OF POWER
GOD’S GUN

I found this DVD at Wal-Mart in the US for $10, and I haven’t watched all the movies yet but the ones I have watched have been pretty decent quality for such a price.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile: .

Welcome! Yeah, those boxed sets are a real godsend when you’re first starting out, I know my first purchase was the Mill Creek 44 pack ;D oh, and along with that the In The Tradition Of… set from Timeless media is highly recommended for it’s amazing quality :wink: if you haven’t picked those up, I’ll suggest them!

Thanks! I’ll look into it. I’ve loved spaghetti westerns for a long time but haven’t collected too many DVDs yet. I’ve seen a good number of the excellent Blue Underground releases and others via Netflix, and own the bare essentials as far as DVDs. Besides the Sergio Leone classics, what really got me started was the 9 movie St. Clair spaghetti westerns sets. Some really great films on that set, but unfortunately the quality isn’t always that great. Hopefully with blu-rays becoming so popular and films being re-released in greater quality, they will do the same with classic westerns. I collect a variety of types of cult films, and nothing is more irritating than watching a great film in horrible quality.

I’m curious about the quality of the Black Jack on that set, I only have a Bootleg that is kind of rough. I love that one!

I know…tell me about it!!! I still am waiting for the day when I get to see The Deserter (1971) in halfway decent shape from a widescreen source.

My wife loves buying me these sets. I don’t know how many film doubles I own. But I never chastise her for it. It keeps her happy, and it’s an inexpensive hobby (plus sometimes I run across a film I haven’t seen!), so…

I ordered this directly from the publisher, discounted to $5 US plus $6.50 shipping, and got it 3-4 days later (I’m in the midwestern US and they’re just a state or two away).

Anyway, I’ll post more details later if need-be, but here’s a quick rundown of the contents:

Sartana the Gravedigger, widescreen, 93:51
Have a Good Funeral, Sartana Will Pay, widescreen, 92:08
I Am Sartana, Trade Your Guns for a Coffin, fullscreen, 91:57
Shango, widescreen, 82:38
Man, His Pride, and Vengeance, widescreen, 96:21
Black Jack, fullscreen, 91:55
Silver Saddle, widescreen, 94:05
The Unholy Four, fullscreen, 90:15

All the prints are pretty clean and bright, for the most part. Note that the package inexplicably states that the films I’ve indicated above as widescreen are “Full Screen Letterbox”, whatever that means (they don’t seem to be cropped, but genuine letterbox versions). Black Jack looked good compared to the Nth generation bootleg VHS I owned, though it seemed to cut away abruptly from Jack’s demise. Sartana the Gravedigger does NOT have the first of Ettore Manni’s staged duel scenes.

I thought it was a good purchase, since Shango and Man, His Pride and Vengeance were new to me, and I was eager to get Silver Saddle and Black Jack on DVD. For my money, there isn’t a bad title in the set, even with the relatively minor cuts.

Wow, thanks for the rundown! It’s much appreciated, reviews still seem hard to find.

Thanks for the info, kross! I’m waiting for Amazon to carry it so I can order it. Gotta use up those gift cards from Xmas 8)

Haha! Already used mine ;D but I still have some cash on hand for the future!

Dead or alive collection is pretty decent, quality is very accetable( I am not hi-tech junkie). One drawback tho, as some of those are released by wild east not sure should I pick their releases for sake of other film in disc…

Yeah, I’ve got most of those already, Black Killer probably being the only one I don’t have.

Unrelated, one thing I have noticed is the absence of a listing in the Available DVD’s for when the film is available in a cheap set like Black Killer, for example. I might just go though and if there isn’t a listing for another (probably better) release from that country, I’ll add in a listing for the cheapo set.