Charles bronson

What do you think of the man and his films ?

I am a huge Bronson fan and collector (as well as Kinski and Palance), i need about a dozen of his movies to complete the collection.

My favourite Bronson movies in chronological order.

Apache
Vera Cruz
Crime Wave
Drumbeat
Big House USA
Target Zero
Jubal
Run of the Arrow
Showdown At Boot Hill
Magnificent Seven
Great Escape
The Battle of the Bulge
The Dirty Dozen
Once Upon A Time In The West
You Can’t Win 'em All
Violent City
Chato’s Land
Red Sun
Death Wish
Mr Majestyk
Breakheart Pass
The Streetfighter
Telefon
White Buffalo
Borderline
Death Hunt
Death Wish 2
Evil That Men Do
Death Wish 3
Assassination
Murphy’s Law
Death Wish 4
Kinjite
Donato & Daughter (TVM)
The Sea Wolf (TVM)

Another great actor with dozens of great westerns and action movies to his credit , he played really good villains in the 50’s and it’s a shame he did not receive stardom before he did.

CHARLES “DEATH WISH” BRONSON RIP INTERNATIONAL LEADING ACTOR

I am also as posted in other threads an admirer/fan of CHARLES BRONSON his persona
Magnificent Memorable Westerns, Thrillers, Horror, Adventures, Giallos and TV Series.

I am preparing My TOP 20 All Time Favourite CHARLES BRONSON FILMS .

Very Interesting Bronson List Cactus we will see how it compares to mine soon :slight_smile:

CHARLES BRONSON

Yeah, i can’t wait to see your list SD. :slight_smile:

A couple of U.K quad posters from my Bronson collection:

Chato’s Land:

The Mechanic:

It might not be his best but Death Wish 3 is my favourite. Typical 1980s American action film. I have watched it many times and never get bored. Fraker looks mean with that hair. The final shoot-out is great. Sort of urban spaghetti version of Django and Sartana’s Showdown in the West. Bronson running around the streets blasting away the creeps at random.

Other mentions are of course the amazing face and eye close-ups from Once Upon A Time In The West. What of his physique in Run of the Arrow? Way back in the late 1950s and totally muscled! Was he ever a body-builder as that physique could of been in competitions for sure? Anyway, I really like Bronson from the films that I have watched him in.

Once upon time…, Violent City and Death Wish are my favorites. Hard Times with Coburn was great too.

There’s something fascinatingly strange about Bronson, He’s not that good actor, he isn’t very handsome or anything like that but on the screen he’s so convincing, a real movie star.

He lived rough life in his youth, working in the coal mine or something like that, if I remember correctly…

Reminds me of an interview I saw with Enzo G. Castellari (probably from one of the sw-discs) where he told of a meeting he had with Bronson as he wanted him in his next movie or something. Bronson walked around barechested and flexing his muscles about obviously showing off. Enzo noticed this rolled up his sleeves and started flexing his apparently larger muscles … LOL. A meeting I would have wanted to see. Well it went something like that, somebody correct me. Bronson didn’t get/want the part in the end I think :slight_smile:

In the extras on the Koch disc to Johnny Hamlet.

Glad someones got a better memory than me… :slight_smile:

[quote=“caldwell76, post:6, topic:904”]It might not be his best but Death Wish 3 is my favourite. Typical 1980s American action film. I have watched it many times and never get bored. Fraker looks mean with that hair. The final shoot-out is great. Sort of urban spaghetti version of Django and Sartana’s Showdown in the West. Bronson running around the streets blasting away the creeps at random.

Other mentions are of course the amazing face and eye close-ups from Once Upon A Time In The West. What of his physique in Run of the Arrow? Way back in the late 1950s and totally muscled! Was he ever a body-builder as that physique could of been in competitions for sure? Anyway, I really like Bronson from the films that I have watched him in.[/quote]

He boxed before becoming an actor, so did Palance and Robert Mitchum.

“It might not be his best but Death Wish 3 is my favourite. Typical 1980s American action film. I have watched it many times and never get bored. Fraker looks mean with that hair. The final shoot-out is great. Sort of urban spaghetti version of Django and Sartana’s Showdown in the West. Bronson running around the streets blasting away the creeps at random.”

Yeah, i love this movie too. Great action but as Caldwell stated not one of his best. I have watched it countless times since 1986.

Under the name of Charles (Dennis) Buchinsky do you know?

Under Buchinski methinks since it was before or just after WW2. Palance used the name Jack Brazzo.

There was awesome game about Death Wish III for Commodore 64. I didn’t know if it was possible to play through or what you should actually do in the game but it was fan enough to blast punks (and some grannies and cops) with machine gun, shotgun etc. Great music too.

Cheers!

I recall the game…never managed to get to play as short on funds at the time and sounds great!

Deathwish 3 U.K poster…where are the creeps !:

Perhaps the most stylised Deathwish film and reworks music themes from the Deathwish 2 score by Jimmy Page.

Paul Kersey is one of the all time great heroes of action cinema. Warning to the ladies: Don’t get romantically involved with this guy. You will die. Soon.

DEATH WISH FILMS and VIGILANTE 1983 ROBERT FORSTER Carol Lynley

Every time the DEATH WISH Bronson Films plus Superb VIGILANTE 1983 are on TV or SKY
I watch them again with great enthusiasm, appreciation and cheering every time
Paul Kersey (Bronson) or Robert Forster KILLS/EXECUTES one of the rotten mugging scum.
The way Bronson plays Kersey in a quiet, controlled, calm manner which then explodes
into revengeful action reminds me of the CLINT EASTWOOD character in Leone’s SW :slight_smile:

I also LOVE 100%
THE EXTERMINATOR FILMS with ROBERT GINTY CHRISTOPHER GEORGE.

For all you Paul Kersey fans, my U.K quad to Deathwish:

Good “Shooting” Poster Mr Kersey ! :slight_smile: