Cemetery Without Crosses / Une corde, un colt … (Robert Hossein, 1969)

I thought we had maybe agreed to believe Hossein, when he claims that Argento, who isn’t named in the french credits, had nothing at all to do with the film.

Why believe him without any reservations? If we’d believed all the things directors/actors say, than why for example not to believe all the crap Mark Damon said :stuck_out_tongue:

I said maybe. Don’t know what Argento said. And he isn’t in the original credits.

I didn’t agree, actually I didn’t even remember that Argento was discussed here, furthermore it was only an assumption, I have no idea who made up the Italian title or what it means. But it’s a fascinating, very unusual title, so I would like to know who is the spiritual father of it

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:45, topic:403”]Angelique box: Dvd-box
EAN: 5050582435085
Referentienummer: 1022086
Soort Drager: DVD
Genre: Speelfilm vision
Aantal discs: 5
Release datum: 26-10-2006
Minimum leeftijd: 12
Ondertiteling: Nederlands, Spaans, Zweeds, Portugees, Deens, Fins
Taal: Frans, Engels
[/quote]

Clearly you haven’t bought this box set yourself, because your posting does not tell the full story, and is rather misleading.
"Taal: Frans, Engels " refers to the fact that the movie audio is French, but the extras audio is English. Most Dutch people speak English, so the extras have been narrated with an English voice-over.
So the movies have no English audio, just French, like the original French releases. Nor do they have English subtitles, but then you didn’t say they did. So for anyone wanting to see these movies in an English-friendly version, you are still out of luck.

Fortunately, there are certain PC tools out there that enable one to extract foreign subtitles from a DVD, translate them into English and then burn them back onto a new DVD. The Spanish subtitles would be very useful for that little job.

So I’m glad I bought the box-set after all.

I haven’t seen it for a while now, but I still think this was one of the better SWs. I wonder why so few list it in their fav lists…

Please search the forums before opening a new topic.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,448.0.html

[quote=“Lindberg, post:42, topic:403”]Yes I like her too, she’s beautiful and a very good actress!

I noticed that 3 of her Angelique-films have recently been released in Europe, French audio and several subtitle options.

These are said too be great romantic adventure stories set in 1700 France.

Some of the best popular cinema to emerge from France in the 60s!

Haven’t seen any Angelique-films myself either but I think I will get these! :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Now I’ve seen some of these Angelique movies a while ago

They were OK, but a bit too much like old fashioned matinée films, despite being from the mid 60s

SW actors Giuliano Gemma and Robert Hossein also have big parts in them

Mme Mercier really was a beauty.

Agree!

going to have to give Cemetery Without Crosses another viewing soon… my memory of it just grows fonder and fonder as time passes… A truely great western

I haven’t got it, the SPO realase has subs?

The German DVD has English audio. Still very, very expensive.

I have the German DVD but for some reason I don’t remember English being an option… I’m pretty sure I watched with subtitles…

maybe my memory is screwing with me

according to the DB, the Japanese release has English audio also

Yep, it does.

Good?

hm?

The Japanese disc is good enough for me.

[quote=“autephex, post:134, topic:403”]I have the German DVD but for some reason I don’t remember English being an option… I’m pretty sure I watched with subtitles…

maybe my memory is screwing with me[/quote]

It has English audio (but should really be watched in French) and no English subs.