Cavalry Charge / La carga de la policía montada (Ramón Torrado, 1964)

Database page: Carga de la policia montada, La - The Spaghetti Western Database

A lieutenant in the Canadian Mounted Police prevents a massacre and a fort from falling into Indian hands

Since “Mestizo” (Django non perdona) I’m a little Fan of Mountie-Westerns ! This one is on my search list, cause it sounds pretty good ! Have someone seen it ?
It’s a very rare film, i don’t knof, if there is any avaiable version !

[size=12pt]All Mountie hands on deck![/size]

[/URL]

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Cavalry_Charge_(La_Carga_de_la_Policía_Montada)_Review

Yes you sum things up nicely there. Enjoyed the action scenes aswell, the indians just seem to keep on coming.

1 Like

Did you spot Brana or Sambrell?

On Fistful of Leone (see the link under the review) it is suggested that Brana plays the Indian Chief, but I found that hard to imagine, didn’t look like him at all. But then again, with all this war paint …

No did not spot them, kept looking out for Sambrell in particular.

I saw this too recently, didn’t like it that much. I didn’t spot Brana or Sambrell neither.

1 Like

Another early Spanish eurowestern for me today and my first viewing of this one.

For those of you who lament the fact there weren’t more European westerns featuring Native americans this film could make you be careful what you wish for. The prolonged pitch battle for the fort is the highlight if a bit overlong but the rest is tame stuff and the romance elements a bit naff and unnecessary.

And to confirm on the question above, no, definitely no Sambrell or Brana on show. They are not credited either so not sure who had the idea they were in it.

Quickdraw @Carlos has updated this film’s page in the database to the new layout. We could use a lot more information, so we welcome additions such as pictures, links, facts, trivia, reviews or information about home video releases.