Catlow (1971/ Wanamaker)

I just added this to the Eurowestern category of the database, along with a review I made.

Anybode else seen it?

Database page: Catlow - The Spaghetti Western Database

Sounds Interesting, i’ve never seen it, i’ll have to try and track it down.

It’s not a die hard 100% serious kind of film, but Mr. Spock ( Leonard Nimoy) has a rare chance to play a bad guy.

Yul Brynner is on quite laid back mode, and Roy Budd does the music as I recall.

I’ve seen it several times and have read the book by Lamour.

It’s a feel good western so just sit back and watch it. As stated it’s great to see Nimoy as a villain.
The rest of the cast just have a good time making a western.
:smiley:

Funny…i just watched this one earlier on TCM. Haven’t seen it since i was a kid, but i still enjoyed sitting thru it again. Everyone in it looks like they’re having a good time, and there are a lot of familiar faces in there. Pity Leonard Nimoy has such a small role in it, as his character is quite malevolent ( i gather he remembers the film very fondly in his autobiography)…though i could have done without his nude scene! :-X

I have this film on my to rent list.

Had a lazy afternoon today and viewed this one.

Good natured film and is like a cat and mouse game between the two stars most of the time. Yul Brynner smiles through most of the film. Nimoy pops up as the bad guy of course and shame he did not have more screen time. Score is by Roy Budd who did some funky soundtracks in the 70’s.
Viewed the recent dvd release of the film.

Watched this one this afternoon to wind down after work.
Light-hearted adventure type western with Mr Spock as the villain and Brynner and Crenna the odd couple buddies.
It’s an easy watch and perfect for what I wanted today. Nice score from Roy Budd too.

1 Like

I thought it was terrible the last time I watched it. Enjoyed the opening scenes and some of the action with the Apaches in the desert but that was about it.

I guess I was in the right mood for it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Mediocre film. Not bad, but quite forgettable.

An easy going one for sure. One of the many scores Budd composed in 1971, he was very much in vogue after Get Carter of course. Makes a change the Budd score to this one from all the thrillers he was churning out at the time.

This movie’s page in the SWDb was upgraded to the new layout. Let us know about any mistakes, or send us text, reviews, facts, pictures, etc we can include.