Casting your own western

Hi there Mr. Stevens,

Love the idea of an SW version of Seven Samurai!! Very cool and intriguing idea. I still need to see TWK, TWD and I’m a fan of Tatsuya Nakadai who plays the villain, curious to see how he handles playing a Cowboy. I would say a good SW Seven would be Lee Van Cleef, Franco Nero, Tomas Milian, Gianni Garko, Anthony Steffen, George Hilton, and William Berger, what do you think?. Kinski, Fajardo, and Horst Frank would be good perfect villains.

Thanks Mr. Corbett,

I had no idea someone had a similar thread, I’ll definitely show support. Let us think of this as version 2.0.

That would’ve been neat…Sabata & Sartana…or maybe Sabata vs. Sartana?

2 Likes

Okay, my fantasy cast : Anthony Steffen as a good guy against Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, Tomas Milian, Tony Anthony, Gianni Garko, Franco Nero, Robert Woods, George Hilton. In one movie.

1 Like

How about Tony Anthony takes them all on with a 4 barreled shotgun, dynamite and a tank :stuck_out_tongue: title: “Get REALLY Mean”

2 Likes

I’d pay to see that! LOL :rofl:

1 Like

We already got the ultimate ideal cast in GBU

2 Likes

I want a SW where John Phillip Law dubs everyone.

3 Likes

If Vanzi would direct it, I’m in.

2 Likes

Very true; the thread’s primarily just creative “what if” fun.

In Honorarium of “Your Own Western”, the thread that started it all, here’s my own try at it.

Lee Van Cleef and Franco Nero as Union Army veteran buddies

with the aid of a sympathetic, no-nonsense Sheriff played by Gianni Garko

vs outlaw brothers played by Jorge (George) Martin, Gordon Mitchell, and Robert Woods

on the payroll of a corrupt Mexican General played by Fernando Sancho, looking to make a section of Texas his own little country

with henchman played by Benito Steffalini, Jose Torres, Piero Lulli, Aldo Sambrell, Nello Pazzafini, Antonio Molino Rojo, Frank Brana, and Raf Baldassarre

1 Like

My dream sw would be psychedelic sex western by Jess Franco

Robert Woods as a hero
Lina Romay and Alice Arno as a saloon girls
Howard Vernon as villain
Paul Müller as villains henchman

1 Like

Jess Franco doing a Western - interesting concept :thinking:

With facial-scars or interesting face-lines… hmmmm. Tough.

Give me all no-namers as much as possible. The audience is forced to pay closer attention to the story. Squeeze-in a Harvey Keitel every once in a while… an actor that seems like he’s in every film ever made.

Everyone has their favourite actors and actresses so I was wondering who would be in the members dream cast. Or simply rank their favourites.

We had another thread like this last year.

And inside that I think there’s links to at least a couple more similar threads.

I put it in the search and I didn’t see them. The admin might blend the two threads. Thanks anyway Phil!

I can’t imagine the overacting Milian in that role. It demands the Eastwood type.

Instead the film suffers from the miscasted Sancho, who can’t give the bandit leader a tragic angle.

1 Like

Just for fun let’s put together our own Spaghetti Western.
The Director, composer, producer, the actors filming locations etc.

1 Like

Firstly who should be the director?
My vote goes with Corbucci.