Cartoons?

What are some of your favorite cartoons you enjoy watching?

I love the simpsons(just bought the 2nd season)it has to be the best animated show ever.

i love the old Hanna Barbera stuff, Penelope Pitstop, The hare baer buch, Dastardley & Muttley, classics!

I watch a lot of cartoons when baby sitting my Niece and Nephew. A lot of the stuff seems hard work but I do still rate The Flintstones. Popeye and Speedy Gonzales were also big favourites of mine as a kid. BTW the kids can’t stand them, my Nephew spends the entire time online gaming and my Niece watching the Disney Channel. They do like The Simpsons though.

The best ever has to be Tom & Jerry. I nver get bored with that. Timeless classic. Furthermore I like Fairly Odd Parents, Shin Chan, South Park, Sponge Bob, Dr. Katz, Beavis & Butt-Head and of course the Cartoon Network classics 2 Stupid Dogs, Johnny Bravo, Dexter’s Lab, Cow & Chicken. When it comes to the Simpsons, I think the quality is pretty uneven. I’ve seen a lot of dreadful episodes that weren’t fun at all. But good ones as well. Anyway, I like American Dad a whole lot more. And Family Guy of course, by the same creators. When it comes to Hannah/Barbera -besides Tom & Jerry- I like Dastardly & Muttley’s Flying Machines a lot. Very comedic with some identifiable characters, especially Muttley, the snickering hound. What I dont care for is all these box-office cartoon movies though. the humour doesn’t appeal to me at all, and it looks way too computer generated. The best cartoon movies in my opinion are Sponge-Bob Squarepants the Movie and the Beavis & Butt-Head movie. The South Park movie had way too much singing, which really got on my nerves. It’s nearly a damn musical! Some classic tunes though (yet I don’t like them): Kyle’s mom’s a bitch, Blame Canada and Shut you’re fucking face, unclefucker.

i think the songs are great :smiley:

Ren & Stimpy is my favorite. Funniest tv-series ever.

I also like WB:'s Freakazoid which seems to be little known gem of cartoon series.

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:6, topic:602”]I also like WB:'s Freakazoid which seems to be little known gem of cartoon series.[/quote]i must admit i’ve never heard of this one

There’s lots of freakazoid clips on youtube, here’s few examples:

Ren & Stimpy is the (s)hit !!! I also like Dexter’s lab, South Park, Spongebob Squarepants !!! Of course in original sound !!!

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:8, topic:602”]There’s lots of freakazoid clips on youtube, here’s few examples:

I Like the mission impossible copy, looks like a mad cartoon, i’ll have to try and watch it properly :slight_smile:

Great to see all the Ren and Stimpy love on this board, that’s one of my all-time favorites as well! Can’t go wrong with The Simpsons or Family Guy, and the Justice League series is really great too.

And of course, there’s tons and tons of terrific anime out there. If you’re looking for something with a Western slant, I would seriously suggest picking up a Trigun DVD. Surprisingly, there are quite a few Western-themed anime series out there, but Trigun is my personal favorite of the bunch.

Some of the old Hanna Barbera stuff…even bought a Scooby Doo box set…(seasons 1 and 2 so no Scrappy thank God!), Ren and Stimpey, Johnny Bravo, Family Guy, a few of the Adult Swim shows, (Venture Brothers, Metalocaplypse, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sealab 2021), and just recently completed getting all 9 box sets of Gatchaman (which i also watched as a kid, as the horribly dubbed and butchered Battle Of The Planets…gotta love that them tune tho!).

A bit of a fan then!

Yep…105 episodes! Now…just hope they’ll release sets of Gatchaman 2 and Gatchaman F…

That is quite impressive!

Family Guy. Don’t know if you guys get it in Europe. Used to like South Park, but it’s gotten lame, lately.

Every show we get in the US the europeans get as well. I have never liked South Park either.

My favorites are: Scooby Doo,The Simpsons,Beavis and butthead,Futurama and Family Guy

[quote=“me, post:17, topic:602”]Every show we get in the US the europeans get as well. I have never liked South Park either.

My favorites are: Scooby Doo,The Simpsons,Beavis and butthead,Futurama and Family Guy[/quote]Too bad it isn’t the other way around. I might watch TV more.

Forgot to mention, i do like Futurama a lot, though for some reason just never could get into the Simpsons. On the guilty pleasures side, i also like Spongebob Squarepants and Powerpuff Girls :stuck_out_tongue:

Well i love the cartoon Neon Genesis Evangelion. Great anime, as well as a got manga.
And Ren & Stimpy is just too good.