Can Anyone help me hunt down unknown Spagheti Western

Hi…a long, long time ago…1972, 73 or 74 i went to the local “flee pit” and saw a film set in ww2 about Italian soldiers very heroicaly fighting against the British. I admired this audacious approach to history a little bit… but was much more blown away by the spaghetti western than came on next…which i would now very much like to find.
I cannot remember all the details but…it started with a mad looking person (maybe Claus Kinski??) escaping from a lunatic asylum…then most of the film him being persued by vicious bounty hunters…and i think ended with him being hung…In the meantime i seem to remember he was looking for his long lost brother, which may have very ironically ended up being one of the bounty hunters…i have looked everywhere on this database and cannot yet find such a film…
Please…
does this story ring any bells with anyone…If so please let me know…

Sounds like bits from a bunch of different ones, but when you find what it is, I’ll buy it! :wink:

[quote=“lonelyhunter, post:1, topic:863”]…it started with a mad looking person (maybe Claus Kinski??) escaping from a lunatic asylum…then most of the film him being persued by vicious bounty hunters…and i think ended with him being hung…In the meantime i seem to remember he was looking for his long lost brotherPlease…
does this story ring any bells with anyone…If so please let me know…[/quote]
OK - i’m gonna try and be a bit more helpful. Altho’ the film as you describe it doesn’t ‘ring any bells’, let’s start with some of your clues…
Klaus Kinski - ‘And God Said To Cain’. Gets out of prison ( not an asylum) … there is a hanging (from a bell-rope - which does ring some bells) - otherwise not very similar.
Asylum - ‘Chuck Mool’ or ‘A Pistol for a Hundred Graves’, both include an asylum - no K.K. tho’, but Chuck Mool has a not-yet-known family link … but a father in this case. Could be the one ???. Can’t think of any others if an asylum is a definate.
Thinking about all the maybe’s I’d try and pin it down to one definate. I remember trying to find what turned out to be ‘Adios Sabata’ cos of the galleon that shot people as they opened the drawer underneath, but it took me ages to find it cos I’d got bits of other films mixed up with it… . If there’s for certain an asylum, I’d try CHUCK MOOL … And reject it if you get another definate to override the ‘asylum’ link.

:-* ThanX very much…Have just looked up “Chuck Moll” here and elsewhere on internet…and i think this is in fact the very film i am looking for…KK and the long lost brother are confusions from other things i have watched.

And “The beast” is a western that Klaus Kinski play a madman… can’t remember at all ! ???

Already investigated that …but i am now almost 100% “Chuck Moll” is the film i need to watch again as i now definately remember the asylumn burning down :’( at the beginning…what could be a better introduction to any movie??

;D I have just discovered Movie Poster advertising both “The Unholy FOur” (aka “Chuck Moll”) and “desert Tanks” so i am now totally 100% sure i have the right film!!

The Lord be praised Brother. And welcome to this wretched congregation. Stickin’ around?
I suppose that you’ve found it by now but Wild East have got this out on a double-bill with ‘Forgotten Pistolero’ … that’d be worth getting.

If you are living in the UK then “Chuck Moll” is shown on free satellite TV now and again. Check the TV ticker on this very site for listings when it appears. It was last on several weeks back AFAIK.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Spaghetti_Western_Database:Ticker

[edit] It is apparently being shown on Monday February 18th at 8:15PM (Sky 325).

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:8, topic:863”]The Lord be praised Brother. And welcome to this wretched congregation. Stickin’ around?
I suppose that you’ve found it by now but Wild East have got this out on a double-bill with ‘Forgotten Pistolero’ … that’d be worth getting.[/quote] Yes …my first thought was thankyou Jeeeesus…i have just ordered this double bill from ebay as well as “El Topo” which i think is more of an explicitly Zen Western - suspect trying to hard to be Zen to be as Zen as a Spaghetti Western…