Bury Them Deep / All’ultimo sangue (Paolo Moffa, 1968)

For my upcoming review of the BluRay I am looking for more pictures, we have fairly little in the SWDb, no stills, no lobby cards, not even screenshots. Who can help?

Even though we have scenes and music tracks from other westerns in this one, it all fitted together nicely. Hill is good value in a western which brought back the Spaghetti vibe back to me.

I think this is quite a good one. It uses a lot of stock footage, which makes it feel very cheap but it does have a good story. I think they could have cut a few scenes, especially since there’s some unnecessary riding that slows down the pace. The soundtrack is a bit uneven with good music (I like the main theme) and some annoying music (the Mexican stuff). Overall, it’s an enjoyable low budget spaghetti. The Koch release is worth getting.

Viewed again recently aswell, and yes do not mind it. The score helps alot for me as like the composer.

1 Like

Didn’t care much for this film (in fact I don’t think I’ve ever really cared for anything I’ve seen with Craig Hill in the lead except for A Taste of Killing), but that is a really cool poster.

1 Like

A kinda funny film. And odd.

Some parts of the score are, as inapt as they are, quite pleasant to hear. The first half of the film is pretty boring and rather confuse, which makes it even more surprising that the 2nd half is quite ok.

Also this is a total patchwork film, and the story, which is as usual as it can be for a SW, is build around a lot of bigger action scenes, which are more or less completely taken from some earlier Spags, with some close-ups from this film’s actors cut in between.
The opening stagecoach raid and an idiotic saloon brawl are from Starblack, all the Almeria scenes (including the credits sequence) are from Lanky Fellow, the town raid of the Mexis is at least in parts from Pistoleros, as is another rather senseless shoot-out in the middle of the film, and the riding and action scenes involving the US cavalry are mostly taken from 4 Dollars for a Revenge. The reused footage often looks different to the rest of the film.
Despite obviously being a rather cheap film, the lighting by Franco Villa looks pretty good, and the sandpit locations look here much better than in most other Spags.

All in all a very fidanesque contribution to the genre. Chaos rules. 4/10

Anyone who recognized in this one some more recycled films?

More like 2/10.

Watched it for the first time during last year’s SpagvemberFest. My comment here: SpagvemberFest! - #848 by Phil_H post 848. 4/10 for me as well.

Other than the scenes that was inserted from Taste of Killing, was this movie filmed in the same Leone-town and Almeria locations?

As far as I can see, it is only from Mini Hollywood and just in a little more than the first half hour of the film. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P2Rx270fK0

1 Like

Alot of diffrent locations. Gravel pits, italian mountain locations etc. Overall the movie is pretty fun and entertaining, much thanks to Ken Wood.

1 Like

It’s all Italian locations, apart from the inserts, as you mentioned - The opening scene of the stagecoach chase and hold up is from ‘Starblack’ of all things!

There must be about 20 minutes of stolen/ borrowed footage from various other films - That must be some kind of record ? :wink:

It must be, it’s funny too cause the film would be better if it was cut down around 15 minutes also.

I first caught it on movies4men channel years ago, and really liked it … didn’t know at the time that the other scenes were from other sources, though I did of course recognise the Leone town in the ‘Taste for Killing’.

It has a lot of scenes from Four Dollars of Revenge.

And, as mentioned above, sequences from Tonino Valerii’s Per il gusto di uccidere and from two Westerns directed by Gianni Grimaldi, Starblack and All’ombra di una colt.

This movie’s page in the SWDb has been updated. Please let us know if corrections are necessary, or if you can add information, texts, links, reviews or images.

I could add alot of video releases with pictures to alot of films in the database, if that would be interesting. I’m thinking mostly about the ones that doesn’t have DVD releases…

1 Like