Bruno Nicolai

Recently got hold of some sw-scores by Bruno Nicolai, and they’re absolutely wonderful to listen to :slight_smile:

I had some title-themes before on collection-type records, but no complete scores.

Especially the music from Adios Sabata/ Indio Black is terrific :slight_smile:

I much rather listen to sw-music than most pop/ rock music, how about you?

Have you herd the song “Allora Ll Treno” from Bruno? I think it’s a very good song…

http://rapidshare.de/files/30605032/Bruno_Nicolai-Corri_Uomo_Corri-OST-1968.rar.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/29482087/My_Name_is_Shanghai_Joe.zip.html

Just got the new Bruno Nicolai cd “Una Nuvola Di Polvere… Un Grido Di Morte… Arriva Sartana” / “Light The Fuse… Sartana is Coming” (Listening to in now)
One of my all time favourite soundtrack finally availabe!

Where did you buy it?

[quote=“Shobary, post:4, topic:279”]Just got the new Bruno Nicolai cd “Una Nuvola Di Polvere… Un Grido Di Morte… Arriva Sartana” / “Light The Fuse… Sartana is Coming” (Listening to in now)
One of my all time favourite soundtrack finally availabe![/quote]
One of my favourites also, i do already have a 7" from Japan of "FIGHTING FISTS OF SHANGHAI JOE"which is basically the same but a cd does sound tempting, how many tracks does it have?

I guess you’re confusing the titles. Fighting fists of Shanghai Joe used music from Have a good Funera, Sartana will pay.

your right, i sometimes get those two Sartana films mixed up for some reason :wink:

Yeah, Have a Good Funeral/Shangai Joe-theme is one of my favorites too. I can’t recall how was the music in Light the Fuse right now. Maybe I should watch it again.

I have two samples on my site.
The cd has 24 tracks with a total time of 53:06
After filtering out some uninteresting tracks I only got about 13 minutes on my playlist.

I bought it from here:
http://www.rosebudbandasonora.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5171&language=en
Heavy postage costs but what the hell, not every day I buy a cd.

I love Nicolai’s composition. He shows he has a very good understanding of what a spaghetti should sound like. Very cool scores with that stinging guitar.

Listen to the early Morricone / Nicolai scores and it seems to me Nicolai is the one who added all the bells, whips and other sounds as they fail to show up in later scores of Ennio after the two split.

Why did they split? Artistic differences?

I like some Morricone when he does something different like Sky Full of stars, Companeros, Nobody. But Ican’t help but find his later Leone type scores so corny. In fact, they are what ruins many scenes in OUATITW for me. When Leone pans up above the building to reveal his grand western town, and the music builds with it, I think it shows how big Leone wanted this film to be and when it shows so obviously, it completely ruins all feeling I may have towards it. But his tunes in other sections are great. Such as the massacre. I get goosebumps everytime.

And I’m surprised Morricone had such a nack for comedy westerns when he had made his bones in deadly serious spaghettis.

Call me crazy but I think Nicolai is the equal of Morricone, for SW’s at least.

I’ve been wanting to ay that for sooo long myself. Never had the courage.