[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

No, just the view of someone who first saw the film during its original theatrical run in October, 1984. That producers subsequently added yet more scenes to an excessively long film is frankly preposterous.

thatā€™s not what happened. if you saw this in the US in 1984 you already saw a butchered versionā€¦ and this is all well documentedā€¦ and also off topic :slight_smile:

Why are you assuming I saw this in the US?
The UK theatrical print shown in October/November 1984 ran 220 minutes.
Also, I was referring to the added scenes in the ā€˜Extended Directorā€™s Cutā€™ premiered at Cannes in 2012.

I thought you wrote US, my bad. This extended cut (the one now on BluRay) is the only one I am aware of that makes sense storywise, and also I love this movie to bits :slight_smile: Is it long? Yes :wink:

2 Likes

The SWDb calendar will not radically switch overnight on Sunday by the way, thereā€™s just not enough releases yet planned out for spring to warrant emptying the calendar. I will likely move the first half of 2022 into the archive and keep moving 2022 months into the archive until thereā€™s a bit more to show for in 2023. We already know tons of titles, but for a whole lot of them there arenā€™t yet concrete details known.

Has anyone heard any rumblings on the next Western Allā€™Arrabiata entry from Plaion Pictures? I keep checking their Facebook posts and Newsletter entries, but found nothing as of yet. I normally email them for quick confirmation a release is definitely on the way, but they changed their contact form and Iā€™m still figuring out what fits my inquiry.

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing, as if they follow their current pattern it should be sometime in January.

@makesthemovie did you end up getting the last one of Cemetery Without Crosses?

1 Like

Iā€™m in the USA so Iā€™m doing a trade package with a friend from the Netherlands for those releases. I have the Arrow Blu Ray of Cemetery Without Crosses that I enjoy thoroughly, but Iā€™m interested in getting the Plaion release for the French audio track.

Yeah, I am also happy enough with the Arrow version, so I did not get it. Thats why I was curious to know if you thought it was any improvement as I remember you saying you were collecting the whole line regardless. I still donā€™t think I will get that one though.

My bet is on January and I suspect something a tad more lighthearted than the previous titles

1 Like

We need more eyes and ears around the internet in all countriesā€¦

Nordics Hannie Caulder cover art added

I think it could be useful, as to how I know, mostly exorbitant prices on Amazon and eBay, unfortunately. Not sure why the labels themselves donā€™t really keep track of this either.

Itā€™s always a tragedy to find something I really want to see and discover itā€™s only available on a DVD thatā€™s been out of print for a few years and now costs $200. Of course for others this is the entire reason they collect physical media. So you win some, you lose some.

Cover for StudioCanalā€™s latest double feature added

the problem is to find reliable info on this. just because itā€™s unavailable at onlineshop X doesnā€™t mean itā€™s OOP for exampleā€¦ I think this might be out of the SWDbā€™s scope to also track availability. Weā€™re already absolutely insanely good with specs and compeleteness in general and the release calendar is the most complete on the internet :slight_smile: letā€™s leave some work up to the fans

1 Like

Got an email from Amazon today saying thereā€™s a shipment delay for Big Gundown? Hope it hasnā€™t been pushed back again, also the order page now lists it as being temporarily out of stock too. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Sameā€¦

Me too. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

:frowning:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s quite the estimate. :melting_face:

3 Likes