[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

Wonder if the Synapse blu-ray of Today itā€™s me Tomorrow You will see the light of day.

It will but who knows whenā€¦ It was announced in 2017 so Iā€™d say start to worry a little bit if itā€™s not out by the end of 2022. :wink:

(Been waiting for one title they announced back in 2014, might come out next year)

As far as I remember the German release of Today itā€™s me Tomorrow You is one of those old shit scanner noise masters that plagued a lot of Italian titles for years. The WE disc would have likely just been a copy of that so Iā€™d rather wait for Synapse no matter how longā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue: I donā€™t think Don May, Jr. will accept that master.

1 Like

Well they expanded into the gialli genre so they are half-way there :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the German Blu Ray of Today itā€™s Me, Tomorrow itā€™s You, and aside from a little pop-hissing at the opening with Brett Halsey in his jail cell, the picture and audio was actually quite good. The only annoyance I had with the release with the damned forced subtitles on the Italian audio.

Also, the one English dub print I saw of it on the YouTube channel Films&Clips (one I highly recommend as they have multiple versions of some films in various languages) has some scenes out of order or needlessly changed: the dub cut opens with the credits as Halsey rides through a canyon pass and them for some strange reason has him back in prison to be released and the flashback sequence of El Fego framing Bill for robbery and then raping his wife is for some reason green-tinted while the original is in black and white (far more effective I think as Halseyā€™s character is remembering a key tragedy).

The Italian scanner noise releases looked like they might have film grain in them but in actuality it was scanner noise which at the same time hid some details in the image. But still got good reviews almost everywhere. And later on were proven shit when a scan with better equipment was done. :crazy_face:

But I could remember wrong as far as this one goesā€¦

I know this release will probably only appeal to German speaking fans, but Pidax Films is doing a remastered Blu Ray release of the Lex Barker/Pierre Brice non Winnetou Western A Place Called Glory City
https://www.pidax-film.de/Gesamtkatalog/Die-Hoelle-von-Manitoba-Blu-ray::1963.html?MODsid=d277211fa9946d63eaef1b1dd8c8d52f

4 Likes

Has this upcoming Blu-ray been mentioned here yet? In any case, expect the worst, itā€™s a White Pearl release.

https://amzn.to/2Yvfml6

No information about the audio track(s), and a fat typo on the cover. Excellent.

Oro_Corbuccui

3 Likes

Iā€™m willing to give it the benefit of the doubt as the release date is my paternal Grandmotherā€™s Birthday, and Iā€™ve found good things happen on B-Days.

2 Likes

Interesting that they explicitly say it is the MGM theatrical version with some scenes subtitled. that could however mean that it is longer than what has previously been available in Germany? And it could also mean that an international release is on the tableā€¦

As for Manitobaā€¦ nice to see these Krautwesterns released :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, definitely. I actually like the film quite a bit, and itā€™s certainly nice to see Barker and Brice as gunslingers. The cast includes Marianne Koch and a lot of familiar Spaghetti-Western actors. English audio would be nice, of course.

1 Like

Got some interesting news here amigos,

Cut Throats Nine is coming to Blu Ray from Japan around the Holiday season.

From I saw via a translation, the Blu is of a 2015 transfer, but sadly the print had physical damage that couldnā€™t be corrected in spots, but shouldnā€™t hinder the overall enjoyment of the restoration.

1 Like

Probably the same transfer already used for the American Code Red release?

It doesnā€™t sound like the company doing the release used the Code Red transfer, from what the translated description read it seems it was a restoration carried out for a different distributor that got put on the back burner.

1 Like

Time for someone else to pick this title up. The Code Red is not easy to get, that weird German/Austrian release has not materialized yet and importing from Japan is surely not the cheapest option

1 Like

Yeah, the Yen to Dollar/Pound/Euro ratio can be expensive when it comes to certain releases, though this doesnā€™t apply to every release.

Iā€™m hoping that if anyone else does pick it up, they include the Spanish language version.

Eric just announced this on Facebook

5 Likes

Yeah, he mentioned this to me a while back. Looking forward to it! Apparently a DVD of Sonora is being planned, as well.

And only $11.95 if preordered:

https://www.wildeast.net/preorder-c-9/fighting-fists-of-shanghai-joe-blu-ray-p-310.html

Very competitive pricing.

Does English audio exist? I know the trailer does.

competitive pricing of courseā€¦ youā€™re just buying an amazon prime video rip burned into a blu ray disc.

I can make the same disc for 5 dollars if you guys want :slight_smile:

hereā€™s the quality

3 Likes