[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases 📀

Am I right in assuming that the alternate English cut has the same runtime as the Italian cut and that it is just one scene that has been moved? That is nothing has really been cut?

Maybe? :thinking::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m pretty sure the VCI DVD of the Stranger’s Gundown was missing something small in addition to the one scene being moved (despite DVDCompare saying it is uncut). But was it cut on purpose or just because of some print damage I don’t know. And since this is from the original negative(?) maybe it would be uncut with just the scene moved?

What I mean is that if this is only a matter of a scene being ‘misplaced’ it still sounds like a sound release. If it is cut all over the place less so.

1 Like

Sure, it sounds fine to me. But I can understand if somebody would like to also have it in Italian language with English subtitles. Even I would like that and I was sort of expecting it. And if the difference is only that one scene misplaced (I assume the cut on the VCI disc is not on purpose) then it should be really easy to present both versions on one disc.

But probably Synapse only has the rights to release this version.

The RetroVision Double Bill of Django the Bastard and Boot Hill had Italian and English audio options for both films, so it’s possible DtB is the same on both cuts, but because it said “alternate” something has to be different.

Koch Media is releasing this Bruno Bozzetto boxset in September which contains West and Soda which technically is a spaghetti western:

https://www.italo-cinema.de/1397-koch-films-die-welt-des-bruno-bozzetto-im-september-auf-blu-ray

2 Likes

I have a tape of West and Soda and I haven’t even watched it.

I wrote a review for the film about a year ago. It’s a pretty okay film if you like cartoons like Rocky and Bullwinkle and Dudley Do-Right. You should give it a chance.

1 Like

Quick help everyone please: what’s missing, what’s wrong, we need to update… :slight_smile:

Thanks for helping out

Was just checking Blu-Ray.com and saw Kino has plans to put Kill Them All and Come Back Alone out on Blu Ray. Gotta admit I’m getting the German release, but that the movie’s getting a US Blu is still cool.

Also saw these items at BluRay.com too

2 Likes

WILD EAST has announced a blu-ray release of “Todays it’s me… Tomorrow you!”

https://www.wildeast.net/coming-soon-c-15/today-its-me-tomorrow-you-p-296.html

2 Likes

Uh, Synapse has the Blu-ray rights for this film in the USA? They have even mentioned it is coming, date is still unknown.

Nice. I have the German Blu Ray release, which sports a really nice transfer I’m happy to say, but I’m tempted to get this one just to hear Tatsuya Nakadai recount his experience making a Western.

1 Like

It’s gone from Wild Easts page now… :slightly_frowning_face:

Available now but looks like it’s Italian dub only: Non Aspettare Django, Spara

any specific info we should add to Non aspettare Django, spara/BluRay - The Spaghetti Western Database

Only that it’s now available (with Japanese subs).

I recently bought this German version of Four of the Apocalypse
Although it doesn’t say on the box and elsewhere, I can confirm it includes the English dub with burnt-in German subs.

1 Like

Has any new news sprung up about what Koch’s newest Western releases will be? I’ve got most of the ones I wanted, still have Yankee and Killer Caliber 32 to order. Thanks.

nope… my bet: fall/christmas season the earliest