[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

Iā€™m like a kid waiting for Christmas on this one. :grinning::upside_down_face::grinning:

1 Like

So here is a screenshot comparison of the Great Silence BluRaysā€¦

3 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous.

Wow the German one looks way too warm.

Let us gaze upon with jealous eyesā€¦

It says region A locked? Wasnt this whole box marketed as region free? Maybe they just put the logo up there because they have to

1 Like

Arrowā€™s releases that are put out simultaneously in the UK and North America tend to be region free. But who knows.

1 Like

on their UK site it says region free, it might well be that the US disc either shows a Region A sticker for license reasons or is actually region lockedā€¦ which of course doesnt make sense if there is an identical version somewhere else that isntā€¦ but regions were never about logicā€¦
The Complete Sartana Blu-ray - Arrow Films UK

1 Like

I am very happy this release is here, but ā€¦ ā€˜unboxing videosā€™, really ??? - if I ever become such a far gone nerd to make this type of vid, I wonā€™t have the family pet sitting licking the packaging !!!

3 Likes

Sounds like you have the ground rules all set up. Post a link to your channel when it goes on the air :slight_smile:

I actually like these unboxing videos, of movies, games, whatever I find interesting.

2 Likes

Think Iā€™ll get warmed up with some sock drawer tutorial vids, then a masterclass on folding T-shirts :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: not quite ready for unboxing yet ā€¦ but Iā€™ll keep yā€™all posted. :+1:

2 Likes

I can confirm that the US release is region free. I got the set in the mail this week and my player - which is all region - had been set to region B (because of a previous disc I had been watching) and the discs played fine. So, they are region free.
Oh, and itā€™s an amazing set, by the way. So great to have all the Sartana films together at last!

1 Like

My Sartana box shipped from Amazon UK today.

2 Likes

The listing on Amazon has now changed the aspect ratio for Amigos to the correct 2.35:1 so I think all is well :slight_smile:

Mine hasnā€™t shipped yet :frowning:

On the upside, I got whole stacks of movies here I havenā€™t watched yet so no urgency to pile on.

Whoā€™s gonna write the ultimate box review for the SWDb now? It could also be a team effortā€¦

Edit: now dispatched. Yay

Happy to do that.

Team effort sounds like a lot of fun. I could chip in if you wouldnā€™t mind somebody whoā€™s a relative newbie at review writing.

1 Like

I guess if we divvy up the movies (for a bluray box review a short paragraph on each movie should suffice, with another two or three paragraph for the extras and the audio/video aspects) we can do it in no-time. I can apply finishing touches, write the intro, etcā€¦ Nice case to practice collaborative writing in the wiki

1 Like

Sounds like a lot of fun. My set should be coming in the next week or so, but we could set up our team of writers and see who wants which film.

Hereā€™s a separate topic for the box:

3 Likes