[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

For those who havenā€™t given up hope, there is a Paramount title they are announcing on Sunday :slight_smile:

We really need more eyes and ears to detect and find out about releases emerging in Spain, France, Italy, latinamerican countries, etcā€¦

The paramount title isnt what we hoped

Whenever I see Gaumont, Iā€™ll always think The Taste of Violence. One day :crossed_fingers:

So are we expecting anything decent from Cjamango and Django, The Last Killer releases? The mediabooks look nice and English friendly but I know this company does not have the best reputation.

Someone already posted about Camango somewhere

1 Like

Nice!!!

Damn

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmrandCOnkb/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Coming soon to 4K UHD from Paramount Pictures. Sergio Leoneā€™s ā€œOnce Upon a Time in the Westā€ (1968) 4K UHD

1 Like

Long overdue

Theyā€™ll fuck it upā€¦ But letā€™s hope they donā€™t

1 Like

Did Kino pass on this?

Thatā€™s cool and all but I am personally happy with the blu-ray, would rather have a new scan of Duck, You Sucker hit blu-ray!

My only hope is that they now fix up their slightly faulty master, and release for the first time the original theatrical version.
Best thing would be to release 3 versions, which then would also include the longer Italian version.

1 Like

itā€™s paramount, theyā€™ll probably invest zero effort

3 Likes

Unfortunately, most likely, yes ā€¦

Criterion or Koch/Plaion or Explosive Media would surely try to make it better

We should pen an open letter to paramount and also enlist Argento and others as signatories :wink: and also send it to Leone Corp so they supply paramount with all they have in their vaults

ā€œGet rid of that damn Harmonica rising scene. Itā€™s almost as bad as the Tuco grotto scene!ā€

Of course, but one problem with that rising scene is, that a new audience has watched OuTW only with that scene, they are used to it, and Iā€™m sure many will complain when it is not longer there. Thatā€™s why a version with and a version without is a solution.

Unless enough important people (like Scorsese or Tarantino or Argento) convince Paramount that it destroys one of the boldest ideas of the film, and that it must be removed.
Unfortunately Scorsese already tried to restore the theatrical version 12 years ago, and kept that scene.

Iā€™ve never had a problem with either of those scenes to be perfectly honest. Concerning the Harmonica Rising scene, I feel it showcases the ultra toughness and determination of Bronsonā€™s character in that not even death itself can stop him from avenging his brother. Plus, the fact that Cheyenne references the bullet hole in Harmonicaā€™s coat kinda gives away that the character was meant to have survived the shooting.

1 Like

That the character of Harmonica is supposed to be a ghostly or spectral force? Or that something otherworldly is going on with the character? I donā€™t know exactly what this bold idea is, and I donā€™t think I ever came across it in anything Iā€™ve read on the film, but Iā€™m taking a wild guess here.