[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

@Companero_M and @kevenz

I have skipped through all the chapters of the blu ray disc (with Sony player) and watched some minutes at every point. To me the english audio is in sync. I didn`t notice anything. Voices, noises, running and shooting soundsā€¦all was fine.
Do you have a special time code that I can check in detail?

Very strange. On my Sony BD player, the English audio signal is delayed from the beginning (e.g. dialogue that starts at 0:03:33). I havenā€™t watched the whole film in English ā€“ too annoying ā€“ but checked again at the ending, same problem (e.g. dialogue that starts at 1:24:58). German and Italian audio track are okay.

Ok, thank you.
I will check again this evening.

1 Like

I now have double checked the two time codes. The english dub fits perfectly on my blu ray disc on Sony BDP-S185. Nothing to complain.
Also as comparison I did check the old dutch VHS with english dub to see if there is something different in picture/dub. It`s 1:1 identical.
Very strangeā€¦

Thanks, Grinder.

Indeed. Letā€™s have a cup of tea and wait what others will report.

I got a rip of this (naughty naughty) ā€¦ Iā€™ve only scanned a few scenes - The beginning seems fine, but when I watched the poker scene, that appears out of sync by some milliseconds ā€¦ havenā€™t checked the rest yet. :unamused:

1 Like

Could just be some equipment related thing but supposedly the threshold of when you notice the out of sync video/audio varies from person to person. I also remember reading somewhere (but was it trueā€¦) that you can also learn (not sure if you can actually try to notice it on purpose or if it just sometimes happens and then you canā€™t unlearn it) to notice even smaller and smaller differences. 225ms is quite a lot though I think.

So if it is actually out of sync but you donā€™t notice, then donā€™t try to notice it. :wink:

Although if the following is trueā€¦ :wink:
http://www.lipfix.com/file/doc/stanfordresearch.pdf

_Summary of Results: _
_1. When audio precedes video by 5 video fields, viewers evaluate people on television _
_more negatively (e.g. less interesting, more unpleasant, less influential, more agitated, _
**less successful). This difference is not large, but it is statistically significant. **
ā€¦

_Awareness of audio-video asynchrony is not necessary for synchronization problems _
_to have psychological effect. _
_Half of the subjects could identify the synch problems and half could not, yet both _
_groups were affected by the problem. _

2 Likes

You can allow for slack dubbing, to a certain extent with dialogue - but when sound effects, like bottles being set down on a table or playing cards being dealt, are out of sync ā€¦. it becomes very annoying to watch.

If the English audio source was from a tape, thereā€™s also the chance of warping, when parts of the recording have become stretched slightly over time. Sync may appear perfect initially, but then may slip fractionally ā€¦ there are a lot of variables, but the bottom line is, the releasing company should have checked an double checked.

This is a German company so the major concern has probably been with the German dub and then the Italian one. That the English dub is even included is just a plus. Too bad if it is out of sync. Would make it impossible for me to watch as well. Just the slightest out of syncness is a pain :slight_smile:

Just a question: There are German subs for the entire dub right ?

Hm, I have rewatched the poker scene in english. To me it is not out of sync.
Seems we all are more or less sensitive :wink:
Waiting for more opinions taking a tea (pepermint) as Martin has suggested. :slight_smile:
@Sƶren:
There are German dubs for the full movie. They were translated from the Italian original. So they differ from both German and English Dub.

1 Like

That is just what I wanted to hear. Will want to watch it with the Italian dub ns German subs then. Thanks.

I just watched it today and I liked itā€¦ itā€™s a great looking print and Robert Woods is quite funny in this one :slight_smile:
Aspect ratio is 1:66.1 like the Hammer films of the 60s.
I also forgot that 2/3 of the movie is without dialogā€¦. itā€™s not as silent as A Stranger in Town but itā€™s close.

Now we need a blu ray of El Puro.

1 Like

Me either, thankfullyā€¦ I watched the whole thing and checked it in a 2nd Blu-ray player and I donā€™t find the English audio to be out of sync

So thereā€™s a new UK BluRay of Django listed on Amazon already

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Django/BluRay#UK

1 Like

Arrow announces The Grand Duel for May.

2 Likes

Yes!! I remember suggesting this title to Arrow last year when I sent them a fan email. Great theyā€™re putting it out.

And on both sided of the atlantic, too. Excellent

Yes. It will be interesting to see if this will be cheaper getting from the US than the UK here after the Brexit deadline. Know a couple of ā€˜customs safeā€™ dealers in the US that supply Arrow titles but none in the UK.

So Arrow is just re-releasing Blue Undergroundā€™s catalogā€¦. Django, Keoma, Grand Duel, Texas Adiosā€¦

next one should be a bullet for the general and companeros I guess.

2 Likes

Yawn.

1 Like