[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

Island of Death was released both in the US and the UK so that would be region free. As I said there are cases when the ā€˜ruleā€™ doesnā€™t apply but as a general rule Arrow do lock down their releases when only released in one territory. The region A releases I mentioned are all locked down.

All of the titles I have have been released in both areas but generally are listed as locked when I donā€™t think they actually are, so I just assumed that none are despite what it says

I bought some titles from uk before they were released here or to save on amazon shipping and even tho they are listed as region b they play fine

Anyway, like I said you obviously would know better than i

Also the title being asked about is Texas Adios which now has UK and US release but is still listed as region b locked

If anyone can confirm Iā€™m also interested to know because this is one I want and itā€™s yet to be seen if it will be individually released in US

1 Like

Somebody on Facebook having imported the region A-set said that both discs played well in his region B player so my guess is that the region B-released Texas adios is aswell. Probably the very same disc. Waiting for 100% confirmation is probably a good idea though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah it seems that they say the discs are region locked when they actually arenā€™t. I guess this only applies to titles that are released in US and UK because this is all I have bought and wrongly assumed they just listed regions based on country you are purchasing from

1 Like

Mill Creek will be releasing this double feature of Fort Yuma Gold and Gatling Gun in March:
https://www.millcreekent.com/fort-yuma-gold-damned-hot-day-of-fire-spaghetti-western-double-feature-blu-ray.html

3 Likes

I like both films so Iā€™ll probably get that.

The transfers for Mill Creekā€™s Blu-rays were quite a surprise. I wonder how good these ones will be. Both very good spaghetti westerns.

1 Like

Didnā€™t realise it disappearing from everwhere was such an affair, but I guess that makes a lot of sense.

Niceā€¦ I agree that Mill Creek has done surprisingly good blu ray releases that are very cheap. I think that sometimes these budget companies do some of the best releases, because they donā€™t have the funds to screw with the video a lot by filtering and all that crap. They just release the HD scan as-is, which is how I prefer.

Guess I need to sell my Gatling Gun DVD before it hits :call_me_hand:

I see that Amazon lists it as unavailable with Apr 19, 2016 release dateā€¦ guess it must have been delayed. Wonder if it will be delayed again, and possibly be one of these that never show up

1 Like

Wow, the Django situation is a mess. I sold my BU copy ages ago in preparation of the new release, and Iā€™m just thankful I got my copy. Preordering from DiabolikDVD was a great move.

I didnā€™t pre-order in time on Amazon because I was waiting to get my gift card balance up to cover the whole thing instead of just paying like normal, and thatā€™s on me. I only wanted the set for the commentaries, though I looked forward to a new transfer on Django. I donā€™t like Texas, Adios or the commentators listed for the track but I still wanted to listen.

But I think Iā€™m done buying new from Blue Underground. Not that they do good work with blu-rays as it is, but Iā€™ll just buy used. Previously I even bought Man, Pride & Vengeance at launch, even though itā€™s not a SW, because of the messages from BU that it needed to sell in order to produce future SWs. I still havenā€™t even watched it because like I said, itā€™s not a SW, but only bought it due to the implied blackmail, paid full price to do my part for SW fandom.

1 Like

I pre-ordered just the Texas Adios Blu-Ray from Amazon.ukā€¦After receiving it in the mail today, and viewing itā€¦I can confirm it is all region, as it plays in my US spec Blu-ray player just fineā€¦

Iā€™d also like to note that Arrow came through again on qualityā€¦Only about 10% of the film looks SDā€¦

3 Likes

Thanks for that info!

Yea thanks for providing that info and confirming region freeā€¦ or at least region A/B. Its a good example of Arrow listing as Region B only on their specs but it not actually being true

Glad to hear the quality is good also

1 Like

Kino Lorberā€™s FFDM Amazon-pre order is live

1 Like

At least weā€™re starting off the new year right, after that whole debacle with Arrow.

2 Likes

Hope KLā€™s new transfer isnā€™t as bad as the FOD transfer. $30 for just FaFDM is a bit much when the German 2-fer is under $20.

2 Likes

The German Blu-ray is perfect for me minus the German opening credits (I know Iā€™m being a bit picky with this one). Unless Kino actually manage to surpass the picture quality on the German release, Iā€™m not interested. I see no reason to buy an inferior transfer when thereā€™s a better one available.

Guarantee Kinoā€™s disc wonā€™t be uncut like the German one.