Bleak, Dark Spaghettis

I love these more than any other type of Spaghetti.
The type I have in mind are those that END bleakly. For instance, Cemetery Without Crosses, The Great Silence, A Minute To Pray A Second To Die (non US ending).
Can anybody recommend similar films?
The darker the better.
Thanks all
:frowning:

Well, maybe ā€˜Djangoā€¦kill!ā€™, ā€˜Four of the Apocalypseā€™, ā€˜And God said to Cainā€™ or ā€˜Cut throats nineā€™ ???

El Puro is one for the list.

ā€˜Black Jackā€™ might fit !?

Ah, yes, how could I forget Cut Throats Nine!
Beautiful

Iā€™ve never seen Black Jack but Iā€™ve heard about it. Iā€™ll try to order it through Atlas.
Gracias

I donā€™t know where to get a copy. I donā€™t know about this film. Iā€™ll go read about it.
Thank you Ennio

This is how I like 'em as well. ;D
As mentioned, ā€˜Black Jackā€™ and ā€˜El Puroā€™ are well worth the finding. Of the top of my head, others that are seeped in blood n mud for much of their dark existence, and worth the entrance price - would certainly be ā€˜Californiaā€™, ā€˜Death played the Fluteā€™, - and ā€˜Those Dirty Outlawsā€™ (bar one barroom brawl, that is as cliched as they come) is pretty grubby as well. Not all of these have that nihalistic ending, but still maintain a dark core at heart. It wouldnā€™t be fair to say which end on the ā€˜nobody gets out of this aliveā€™-vibe cos it wouldnā€™t do to know too much too soon, for the enjoyment of the film ;).
Not in the same league, maybe ā€¦ but ā€˜Drummer of Vengeanceā€™ and the confused but quite good mexi-western ā€˜El Tunco Maclovioā€™ arenā€™t a bundle of laughs at the end either.

[quote=ā€œReverend Danite, post:7, topic:852ā€]This is how I like 'em as well. ;D
As mentioned, ā€˜Black Jackā€™ and ā€˜El Puroā€™ are well worth the finding. Of the top of my head, others that are seeped in blood n mud for much of their dark existence, and worth the entrance price - would certainly be ā€˜Californiaā€™, ā€˜Death played the Fluteā€™, - and ā€˜Those Dirty Outlawsā€™ (bar one barroom brawl, that is as cliched as they come) is pretty grubby as well. Not all of these have that nihalistic ending, but still maintain a dark core at heart. It wouldnā€™t be fair to say which end on the ā€˜nobody gets out of this aliveā€™-vibe cos it wouldnā€™t do to know too much too soon, for the enjoyment of the film ;).
Not in the same league, maybe ā€¦ but ā€˜Drummer of Vengeanceā€™ and the confused but quite good mexi-western ā€˜El Tunco Maclovioā€™ arenā€™t a bundle of laughs at the end either.[/quote]
Thanks Rev.
Ennio has been kind enough to offer to trade with me so I can get copies of El Puro & Black Jack. Iā€™m looking forward to watching them.
California is one of my favorite later Spaghettis. Especially in the beginning Giuliano Gemma plays against the type of his usual relatively talky role. He is much more taciturn than usual. I thought he did it well. William Berger is also excellent in California.
I have Those Dirty Outlaws as well and will go back and watch it again.
Death Play The Flute: love that title. I will look for it as well as the others.
Thanks again!

If you love the English title, youā€™ll certainly love the original one:

Lo ammazzo come un cane ā€¦ ma lui rideva ancora !

Translation:

I killed him like a dog ā€¦ but he kept laughing !

Enjoy BLACK JACK, probably the darkest of all spaghetti westerns (Il grande silenzio not included)

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:9, topic:852ā€]If you love the English title, youā€™ll certainly love the original one:

Lo ammazzo come un cane ā€¦ ma lui rideva ancora !

Translation:

I killed him like a dog ā€¦ but he kept laughing !

Enjoy BLACK JACK, probably the darkest of all spaghetti westerns (Il grande silenzio not included)[/quote]

Scherpschutter you got my number. That is a GREAT title. Thanks.
I canā€™t wait to see Black Jack.
My favorite of the bleakest is Cemetary Without Crosses. As Robert Hossein said: ā€œYou believe in revenge. I donā€™t. It never ends.ā€ And, man, does it NOT.

Say, is your name a homophone pun or a literal translation into German? Either way, itā€™s a good one.

Itā€™s Dutch and itā€™s an excisting word, meaning sharpshooter or marksman
(scherp = sharp, schutter = shooter)
In German it would be ScharfschĆ¼tze

I chose the word not only because I like it and it seemed appropriate, but also for the two ā€˜schā€™; this gutteral sound is probably the most difficult one to pronounce for foreigners. In German the ā€˜schā€™ isnā€™t gutteral. (In Dutch the ā€˜gā€™ can be gutteral too, but officially only in final position; in some parts of the country, mainly in the west, itā€™s consired to be gutteral in every position, although thereā€™s a tendancy to drop those sounds more and more and replace them by more smooth ones; in Flanders, where I live, gutterals arenā€™t as outspoken as in Holland; Belgian Dutch - Flemish - sounds smoother throughout, but local dialects are much stronger, so itā€™s harder to understand for those who have learned Dutch as a foreign language)

[quote=ā€œRomaine Fielding, post:8, topic:852ā€]Thanks Rev.
Ennio has been kind enough to offer to trade with me so I can get copies of El Puro & Black Jack. Iā€™m looking forward to watching them.[/quote]
Nasty little slices of spaghetti-pie these two, so you should enjoy these then! :wink: And I particularly look forward to your review of EP. Iā€™m gonna get BJ checked out again so weā€™d better see if thereā€™s a thread out there for it.
Oh yeah, and Apache Woman ā€¦ you know these guys aint gonna live happily ever after :ā€™(.

Iā€™m curious about EP !!! Still missing in my collection 'cause I couldnā€™t get my hands on it yet !!! Sent you a PM Rev. concerning Un buco in fronte !!!

Ha Ha!! Pretty Good. I donā€™t know too much about this one. Of course Iā€™ve seen some the stills/posters from it so I know it looks extreme (and extremely interesting). I donā€™t know of an Engilsh language version. Iā€™ve seen both Italinan & Spanish versions for sale. Iā€™ve almost purchased the Spanish version (I speak some Spanish) but have put off getting it so far because of the language problem for me.

Youā€™re in touch with Brother Ennioo, or you can pm me. We both know of a couplā€™a English versions kicking about. :wink:

Thanks Rev.
Iā€™ll let you know.

Iā€™ll definitely say that the two that stand the most for me are The Great Silence and Cemetery Without Crosses. Both have excellent nihilistic endings which every now and then is needed as life isnā€™t all strawberries and cream. Speaking of which I need to pop in CwC again next week.

Iā€™ll watch Black Jack tonight.

El Puro definietly

Tepepa is bleak but not dark

Price of Death is darkish

Massacre Time: Bleak and dark

Mannaja: Bleak, dark, violent

Keoma

These sound like my kind of films as wellā€¦ Iā€™ve take note and Iā€™ll be sure to check some out :slight_smile: