BIG Sartana article

Yes Franco Cleef has a version of Have a nice funeral. He combined the english dub from another source with the picture from the x kult disc. He also removed the forced German subs and converted it to NTSC. It is not on exploited though. You have to contact him personally for it.

Franco Cleef gave it to me for free. I think he doesn’t sell it because its pretty much just ripping off the x rated disc. But it does exist and its available.

I probably should’ve mentioned the available european releases in my article as the x rated kult version is by all accounts terrific and worth buying if you have a region free player.

You mean the one with Berger? I don’t even think his name in the film is Sartana. I have it but I haven’t watched it yet but am in no rush to because I’ve heard it’s not that good.

Can I just add my congratulations on the article, Len?
Very well conceived and written, with just the right mix of info and personal comment for my taste. Well done mate, great work.

Berger’s character is called both Sartana and Lee Calloway in Italian dub, in English dub he’s just Lee Calloway. Don’t know why they did that.

I think Sartana is considered a mythical, supernatural figure, but I always thought of him as more of a master illusionist than actually having magical powers.
Garko himself has said that Sartana was inspired by James Bond and Mandrake the Magician so you definetely made a good point! But of course Sartana films (especially 1 & 3) have their share of scenes inspired by gothic horro films also.

Chris: Franco Cleef project of Gravedigger-Sartana indeed uses German DVD as picture source. I had that one before Franco Cleef made his project.

Isn’t Garko named Santana in the original version of Sartana Kills them All?

Italian: Lo irritarono … e Santana fece piazza pulita
German: … und Santana tötet sie alle

But there are also other opinions:
French: Sabata les tua tous

Yeah, but I think the original title is Un par de asesinos. Only watched it once, English dub and can’t remember what he was called there, but it was probably Sartana. I then acquired the German dvd, which I still need to watch. The box title is Und Santana tötet sie alle.
Nice article by the way, but I personally feel all sw’s with a Sartana as main character are Sartana movies.

Are you sure? The x-rated release contains the English dub in itself. I think FC used another picture source!?

Yeah I think perhaps you’re right. Perhaps all he did was remove the hard subs and convert it to NTSC. Perhaps that is why it is not for sale, because its not really a “Franco Cleef” project.

I should really mention this in the article

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:28, topic:1052”]Yeah I think perhaps you’re right. Perhaps all he did was remove the hard subs and convert it to NTSC. Perhaps that is why it is not for sale, because its not really a “Franco Cleef” project.

I should really mention this in the article[/quote]

Interesting. Thanks.
Hey, one of the things I like about your reviews is your acknowledgement about the elaborate and complex story lines. I know I’ve seen all four of the films you reviewed at least twice each and I’ll be damned if I can remember very much about them except certain “moments”.
Nicely done.