Big Gundown

I just noticed that Franco Cleef’s Big Gundown dvd-r is now available on xploited cinema. I was really surprised as they haven’t been selling dvd-r’s before.

The disc itself is brilliant: uncut with italian and english language with english subtitles during scenes which were cut from english versions.

I can recommend Franco’s Big Gundown too. The quality is as good, if not better, than many commercially produced DVD’s.

is it anamorphic widescreen?

since i have the glorious Sollima DVD box… i could care less though :slight_smile:

Franco Cleef’s DVDR is being sold for a while already now on Xploited Cinema…
I do have it, but since the Sollima box is now around, we don’t need the DVDR nomore…
But it remains a fine dis though!

True, the english audio track is still of big interest!

yeah that gives it a plus. is the english dub good?

[quote=“Angel eyes, post:4, topic:82”]I do have it, but since the Sollima box is now around, we don’t need the DVDR nomore…
But it remains a fine dis though![/quote]

Is the Sollima box version as complete as Franco’s? Are the “cut” scenes dubbed into English? If so I might buy it. I thought that Franco’s was the most complete version available.

I haven’t watched the entire Sollima Box version yet, but the complete opening scene is there and since it is all italian the movie is subtitled all the way in english…I’ll look up the cut scenes sometime next week and I’ll let you know how complete it is…

Anyways, you need to get the box anyways…It comes with a great book (German, but really doesn’t matter, since it’s just great to look at) and the extra are very interesting as well…It’s just great having it…
And it’s just 40-some euro’s…mind you that the spaghetti box set which included Django & Mannaja among others was way way way more expensive when it just came out!

all scenes that had no german dub are subtitled

Other Franco Cleef dvd-r’s are also now available on xploited.

$10000 BLOOD MONEY
BLACK KILLER
I AM SARTANA, YOUR ANGEL OF DEATH
LIGHT THE FUSE… SARTANA IS COMING!
THEY CALL HIM CEMETERY
VENGEANCE IS MINE

Xploited also has an anamorphic version with the English dub from RHV. Anyone know how much this one is cut?

If you’re talking about this http://www.xploitedcinema.com/dvds/dvds.asp?title=5250, the video has been taken from the italian disc and is supposed to be totally uncut.
I have heard a claim that the disc from Koch Media (no english audio, but there’s english subtitles) would be few seconds longer (posted by someone at the spaghetti western web board and apparently had heard it from someone from Koch Media… I just can’t remember anything more :stuck_out_tongue: )… but, no idea if this is true or not.

as far as I know, Koch Media’s version is totally uncut. but as they say in their extensive booklets: there was such a lot of different versions to check out, compare and complete, that it might well be that there is still things missing or something. but the Koch Media box is awesome and the Quality really really good

Hey,

Can anyone help me with getting Franco Cleef’s email address?

Thanks

Try posting on the spaghetti western web board. Remember to tick the box to give your e mail address and Franco will probably get in touch.

[quote=“Sundance, post:13, topic:82”]If you’re talking about this http://www.xploitedcinema.com/dvds/dvds.asp?title=5250, the video has been taken from the italian disc and is supposed to be totally uncut.
I have heard a claim that the disc from Koch Media (no english audio, but there’s english subtitles) would be few seconds longer (posted by someone at the spaghetti western web board and apparently had heard it from someone from Koch Media… I just can’t remember anything more :stuck_out_tongue: )… but, no idea if this is true or not.[/quote]

I’m the one that mentioned that the KOCH MEDIA version is a bit longer; I spoke to Ulrich P Bruckner about during a visit in Almeria.

I saw the widescreen version on the IFC channel last year. I loved it.

Yes, this piece of western is so great, probably one of my favourite ones next to Leone’s flicks.

Just restating the obvious: If you’re thinking of getting the UK Indicator release of The Big Gundown, and Amazon is where you’d consider ordering it, please use the SWDb’s link: https://amzn.to/3gr6NUw