Best westerns of the 80's

I think the 80’s were the decade with the least westerns made,and most were not too good ,but heres my top picks. Lonesome dove…The long riders…Pale rider…The tracker…Grey fox…Ballad of gregorio cortez…Barbarosa…Tom Horn…Matewan…Dances with wolves. i havent seen heavens gate but i hear its good.

Dances with Wolves is 90s.

:Po.k. even less westerns from the 80’s

My favourite westerns of the 80’s are:

PALE RIDER

HEAVENS GATE

YOUNG GUNS

SCALPS

SILVERADO

And thats about it really!

Buddy Goes West
Comin’ at Ya
Pale Rider
Young guns

hmm, that’s it.

Yes I forgot about BUDDY GOES WEST , which is a fun film to watch.

I have yet to see COMIN’ AT YA.

Ok. 80s best.

Lonesome Dove
Heaven’s Gate
The Grey Fox
The Long Riders

Also: Barbarosa; Gregorio Cortez; Young Guns 1 & 2; Pale Rider; Silverado; Cattle Annie & Little Britches

We don’t have more.
Heaven’s Gate has killed the genre, which was already in agony since 1976.

One genre from the 80s that in a way could be called “western” is the “post-apocalypse”-genre I think.

Haven’t seen that many films myself, but you probably know the films, Mad Max, Road Warrior, and the like. These were the first ones, from Australia, with then-unknown actor Mel Gibson :wink:

There where many films made during the 80s in this genre.

Have you seen many of these?

[quote=“Silvanito, post:8, topic:537”]One genre from the 80s that in a way could be called “western” is the “post-apocalypse”-genre I think.

Haven’t seen that many films myself, but you probably know the films, Mad Max, Road Warrior, and the like. These were the first ones, from Australia, with then-unknown actor Mel Gibson :wink:

There where many films made during the 80s in this genre.

Have you seen many of these?[/quote]There are quite a few like this, i do enjoy the Italian efforts.quite a few directors who also made a few westerns had their hands in these films.

Enzo G. Castellari made “BRONX WARROIRS” “BRONX WARRIORS 2” & "THE NEW BARBARIANS"
Sergio Martino “2019 AFTER THE FALL OF NEW YORK” & "FISTS OF STEEL"
Even Lucio Fulci made one “ROME 2033, THE FIGHTER CENTURIONS”