Best/Weirdest/Most Memorable Stunts in a Spaghetti

I wish I knew more about some of the stuntmen who did some of the stunts performed in Spaghettis. They are kind of the unsung heros of the genre.

Recently I saw a stunt that made want to start this topic.

In Sartana Kills Them All George Martin shoots a guy that is standing on a second story balcony. The camera shot is from Martin’s boot level as he looks up to the falling stuntman. The stuntman does an end-over-end fall and lands face first right on top of the camera lens. Oh, that had to hurt.

Does anybody remember the fall Fabio Testi makes after being shot by Henry Fonda (“times flies”) in Once Upon A Time In The West? God, it hurts just to watch. I can’t believe he did not break his back! :’(

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:1, topic:1207”]Does anybody remember the fall Fabio Testi makes after being shot by Henry Fonda (“times flies”) in Once Upon A Time In The West? God, it hurts just to watch. I can’t believe he did not break his back! :’([/quote]Yeah! That’s a good one. Some of the stuff in Gemma/Franco Nero movies are quite awsome too as they usually made their stunts by themselves.

This topic reminds me…I was watching Aquasanta Joe the other night and Lincoln Tate is running down the side of a hill with Ty Hardin. Tate tries to jump a log or something and catches his front foot and crashes face-first. Looks totally accidental and painful. Funny that it was left in the movie. If it wasn’t an accident, it was a great stunt. At any rate, it made me laugh.

I always have enjoyed watching Terence Hill get on a horse. Not only athletic, but creative. He’s also acrobatic, similar to Gemma.

[quote=“AceHigh, post:3, topic:1207”]This topic reminds me…I was watching Aquasanta Joe the other night and Lincoln Tate is running down the side of a hill with Ty Hardin. Tate tries to jump a log or something and catches his front foot and crashes face-first. Looks totally accidental and painful. Funny that it was left in the movie. If it wasn’t an accident, it was a great stunt. At any rate, it made me laugh.

I always have enjoyed watching Terence Hill get on a horse. Not only athletic, but creative. He’s also acrobatic, similar to Gemma.[/quote]

Haha. Do you remember about where in the movie that takes place? I’d like to check it out (without rewatching the whole movie !)

I think its close to the end of the movie, just before the grand finale. Check it out, its humorous!

Thanks amigo. Tonight I’ll have a laugh at Mr. Tate’s expense!

I cannot name just one, but most of Castellari’s movies have very convincing stunts.