Ben and Charlie / Amico, stammi lontano almeno un palmo (Michele Lupo, 1972)

2760 meters declared by the production and 2720 meters verified by censors after some scenes were shortened to get a T (ALL) rating. Film length before cuts, 2745 meters (approximately 100m20s).

For Ben and Charlie it should also be noted that the opening and closing credits in yellow lettering are redone.

Bringing this back up, I would like to know more about the exact differences between the international cut (113min according to the BluRay back cover) and the Italian theatrical cut (108min)ā€¦ I tend to watch longer versions wherever I can but I wonder where the differences are exactly

108 minutes is a PAL runtime, equivalent to 113. The original Italian version was 118 minutes long (no age restriction and no edits), this is confirmed by the censorship certificate but for the moment the differences are not known.

As an example letā€™s see the case of Anche gli angeli mangiano fagioli, released in early 1973, with Gemma joined by Bud Spencer and directed by E.B.Clucher

The Avo Film DVD released in 2003 runs 102 minutes PAL (just like the old VHS releases), the Italian TV version broadcast in those years 116 minutes PAL. In 2004 Avo, because of the protests, released the original 127 minutes (24fps) version uncut.

International Version on BluRay, which I just watched 112:12
Italian theatrical cut on BluRay: 107:53
all according to the playerā€¦ would have to watch them side by side to make out the differences

Didnā€™t see the US Theatrical poster in the DB, so hereā€™s a photo of the poster from my wall. Touched it up a bit but its an old photo and I should probably do a higher quality oneā€¦ this poster is huge tho and a PIA to take down

And hereā€™s another I just pulled off ebay. Higher resolution than the one currently in DB

6 Likes

Ben and Charlie has been updated to the new layout (3.0). Let us know if you can add anything: pictures, posters, trivia, facts, figures, links, etcā€¦

1 Like

There is now a new poll going for this one too. Head up to the original post at the top of the page to participate! :cowboy_hat_face: (trust level 1 and above as always, of course).

1 Like