Bava Box 2

Hey I’m just wondering if anybody is interested in my Mario Bava Collection volume 2. Its in perfect condition except for the cardboard box which holds it all which is a little beat up.

Lisa and the devil, house of exorcism, kidnapped/rabid dogs, baron blood, bay of blood, five dolls for an august moon, four times that night, roy colt and winchester jack.

I take it, it’s Region 1 colonel?

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:1, topic:2005”]Hey I’m just wondering if anybody is interested in my Mario Bava Collection volume 2. Its in perfect condition except for the cardboard box which holds it all which is a little beat up.

Lisa and the devil, house of exorcism, kidnapped/rabid dogs, baron blood, bay of blood, five dolls for an august moon, four times that night, roy colt and winchester jack.[/quote]
Nice!

Hey yeah, its region 1. Anchor bay 2007. 8 movies on six discs. If you’re interested just name your price including shipping.

I’d love it as i’m a fan of Bava.i have volume 1 which is excellent, and has such good prints of the films but it is region 2 and they have not yet released volume 2 on region 2 or region 0 damn them.yes i know you can alter dvd players so they become all region but not willing to do it. it is so frustrating with the different regions. whoever gets this boxset should be well pleased though, it’s worth it.

Yeah I’m the same way. Even though I have a region free player I prefer to play discs that were actually meant for my particular market/region.

Bava 2 hasn’t come out yet in R2? That sucks.

I hope they come out with a Bava 3 box someday.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:6, topic:2005”]Yeah I’m the same way. Even though I have a region free player I prefer to play discs that were actually meant for my particular market/region.

Bava 2 hasn’t come out yet in R2? That sucks.

I hope they come out with a Bava 3 box someday.[/quote]it is so frustrating over here, a lot of stuff i look at and would like to get is region 1. i would have thought as they bought vol 1 out on region 2 they would have done the same with vol2 but not yet. you like Bava? do you have volume 1?which is excellent. why do you want to get rid of it?this boxset and Boris Karloff’s thriller tv series from the early 1960’s are my priority in dvd boxsets to get once they are available on region 2 or 0.

I have the Bava 1 box in region 1. I tend to sell DVD’s of movies that I bought and watched but probably won’t see again.

I’m a fan of Bava but I don’t really care for his movies on the Bava 2 set. The Bava 1 box is so much better. Although Rabid dogs I admit is a great movie. I think I’ll get the stand alone release for that one if I can get rid of the Bava 2 box.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:8, topic:2005”]I have the Bava 1 box in region 1. I tend to sell DVD’s of movies that I bought and watched but probably won’t see again.

I’m a fan of Bava but I don’t really care for his movies on the Bava 2 set. The Bava 1 box is so much better. Although Rabid dogs I admit is a great movie. I think I’ll get the stand alone release for that one if I can get rid of the Bava 2 box.[/quote]

I like both sets but agree that Vol 1 has the stronger mix of films.

I really love his gothic period horror films like Whip and the body, Black Sunday, Black Sabbath, And Kill baby Kill. I like his other modern day films too but not quite as much.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:8, topic:2005”]I have the Bava 1 box in region 1. I tend to sell DVD’s of movies that I bought and watched but probably won’t see again.

I’m a fan of Bava but I don’t really care for his movies on the Bava 2 set. The Bava 1 box is so much better. Although Rabid dogs I admit is a great movie. I think I’ll get the stand alone release for that one if I can get rid of the Bava 2 box.[/quote]even without seeing vol 2, i know that vol 1 contains the best films, i have seen Baron Blood, Lisa and the devil, House of exorcism, and Bay of Blood, and none of those are among his best,in fact lisa and the devil & house of exorcism are proberly his worst.