Barcelona actors: RICARDO MOYÁN

[i]

Ricardo Moyán

Barrel-chested, with long, tousled hair, a moustache and drooping eyes, he alternated pro-wrestling with acting, and, as “Navarro Moyán”, he appears to have made his debut playing a nineteenth-century Spanish bandit in Iquino’s El ultimo cuartel (1966), a patriotic film on the foundation of the Guardia Civil. He went on to appear in several Barcelona-made SWs in the early seventies, usually as a minor villain. Sometimes billed as “Navarro Moyán”, he has been mistaken on occasions for Gaspar “Indio” González, who likewise mustached and long-haired. Roles include the big guy who Robert Woods slaps in the face to no avail in Four Candles for my Colt.

This kind of stuff is of real interest to me. I love to have these ‘faces’ identified.
Keep 'em coming Nzoog.

Ditto. New new Moyan acted under the Navarro alias or that he was a professional wrestler. Great work Nzoog, more please.

Yes, interesting work Nzoog

The Barcelona days are still a bit of an overlooked chapter of the SW/Paellla history

If I’m not mistaken a book was published not so long ago on the history of the Balcazar bross; Giusti refers to it repeatedly in the latest version of his book, so I suppose it’s worthwhile
I should read it, but my Spanish is a little shaky, therefore I still haven’t ordered it yet
This is a good alternative …

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:4, topic:2312”]Yes, interesting work Nzoog

The Barcelona days are still a bit of an overlooked chapter of the SW/Paellla history

If I’m not mistaken a book was published not so long ago on the history of the Balcazar bross; Giusti refers to it repeatedly in the latest version of his book, so I suppose it’s worthwhile
I should read it, but my Spanish is a little shaky, therefore I still haven’t ordered it yet
This is a good alternative …[/quote]

I tried to get that book while in Barcelona last year but couldn’t track it down anywhere. I presume it’s available online but I was hoping to pick it up while there and avoid the postage fees. Plus I visited the site of the old studios (all long gone now of course) and wanted to read it while I was in situ so to speak. I will try and track it down again someday.

What is the exact title of the book?

Reading it could be a pleasant way to improve my Spanish …

MÁS ALLÁ DE ESPLUGAS CITY: BALCÁZAR PRODUCCIONES CINEMATOGRÁFICAS. JUAN BABOT,S.;DE ESPAÑA RENEDO,S

[url]http://img686.imageshack.us/i/gracias1k.gif/[/url]

It’s a useful book, but a bit of a sanitised version, with no mention of Francisco Balcázar’s death in a Mexican prison or the police raid that coincided with the end of the Balcázar empire in the eighties. But then the book tends to cover the period in which Alfonso Balcázar was dominan, before Jaime Jesús took over.

These are really valuable contributions Nzoog - please keep them coming.