Audience member shot

Many many years ago,I saw a SW on a UK television channel,and periodically ever since have wondered what it was called.

Unusual plot…during an on-screen shoot-out,an audience member gets shot.

The cinema is locked-down…the reels restarted…and another member gets shot.

Surrealish…film ends with a cigar tossed by celluloid actor burning on the cinema floor.

Please…what is the movie called?

Grazie!

The movie is called Circuito Chiuso.

Not really a SW but, as you say, set in a 1970s cinema where a western is being shown and the punters start getting mysteriously shot. Giuliano Gemma plays the onscreen gunfighter whose bullets start wiping out audience members. William Berger is his onscreen adversary.

Here’s the imdb link to the movie for you

Thanks. Would you believe I had never heard of this film?

Where was I in '78 ?

It’s always a nice idea, people or bullets coming from the screen, stepping or flying into the lives of the spectators
The problem often is that you’re limited to a joky style and content, the idea simply doesn’t work in a coontext that is too serious
I remember a film by Woody Allen in which a character steps out of his movie to meet his most loyal fan and starts an affair with her. It was a rather nice Woody comedy, but you noticed that Woody eventually felt he had cornered himself a little. There was some chemistry between the person and the movie character, but a happy end (they lived happily ever after - where?) was impossible.

This flick seem to be a kind of “Last Spaghetti Hero”.

Ofdb.de says that there is no DVD-version of the movie. Too sad, cause it seems to be an interesting one… ofdb.de rates it wit 9/10!

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:3, topic:1492”]Thanks. Would you believe I had never heard of this film?

Where was I in '78 ?

It’s always a nice idea, people or bullets coming from the screen, stepping or flying into the lives of the spectators
The problem often is that you’re limited to a joky style and content, the idea simply doesn’t work in a coontext that is too serious
I remember a film by Woody Allen in which a character steps out of his movie to meet his most loyal fan and starts an affair with her. It was a rather nice Woody comedy, but you noticed that Woody eventually felt he had cornered himself a little. There was some chemistry between the person and the movie character, but a happy end (they lived happily ever after - where?) was impossible.[/quote]

Yes, the Woody Allen film you mention is Purple Rose of Cairo which does play with this idea quite well but eventually decides to ‘restore normality’ at the end. Quite a sad end for a comedy actually.

[quote=“Dillinger, post:4, topic:1492”]This flick seem to be a kind of “Last Spaghetti Hero”.

Ofdb.de says that there is no DVD-version of the movie. Too sad, cause it seems to be an interesting one… ofdb.de rates it wit 9/10![/quote]

Don’t know about 9/10. I saw the film on a DVD-R rip from a vhs with italian audio and greek subs so I accept that I may have missed some nuances in the dialogue but I still believe I got what was required. And it was an interesting idea quite well played out but nothing really special I don’t believe. Worth seeing if you can get hold of a copy (I passed mine on to a friend a little while ago) but don’t expect an earth shattering experience.

P.S. I think Atlas Visuals have it if anyone really wants a copy.

Maybe 9/10 is too much, I don’t know. It’s based on only 6 votes…

I think I saw this one on TV sometime in the 80s

But as far as I remember the movie in the theater was Fistful of Dollars ???

And the cigarr thrown on the floor was from Eastwood :smiley:

Would be fun to see this again

OMG…thanx to the cognoscenti for the valued information! I’ll get on the case and order a copy from Atlas immediately.

I only caught some of the film on TV eons ago,and it left a huge impression…in fact,I was totally gobsmacked,so watching it again with no English dialogue wont be a problem.

Makes me wonder why no entrepreneur has attempted a UK release/subtitled version…it is a cool cool movie!

Thanx again for the help on here.

You’re welcome.

We are always glad to be of help
:slight_smile: