Art Spaghetti Westerns

Spaghetti Western genre really thrives when it tries to be arty as Leone, Sollima, Canevari,and Hossein did. Films such as The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, Face to Face, The Big Gundown, Once Upon a Time in the West, and Cemetery Without crosses are all art like spaghetti’s usually with minimal dialogue (Cemetery Without Crosses), and scenes which scream art (OUATITW) and others. Now, there is no contraversy about wheter these films are great but lets discuss them anyway.

Here are some visual examples.

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

[quote=“korano, post:1, topic:1285”]Spaghetti Western genre really thrives when it tries to be arty as Leone, Sollima, Canevari,and Hossein did. Films such as The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, Face to Face, The Big Gundown, Once Upon a Time in the West, and Cemetery Without crosses are all art like spaghetti’s usually with minimal dialogue (Cemetery Without Crosses), and scenes which scream art (OUATITW) and others. Now, there is no contraversy about wheter these films are great but lets discuss them anyway.

Here are some visual examples.[/quote]

As much as I love Cemetery Without Crosses I would not consider it an art movie. I guess I’ll think about that.
I have no problem calling GBU & OUATITW art films. The others…eh.
It’s kind of funny that you posted a picture of Matalo! as an art film. I think Tom Betts just threw up somewhere. :slight_smile:

OUATITW is my favourite film of all time and the way it is shot can only be described as beautiful in my eyes.

MATALO! is better viewed with drugs :slight_smile:

I haven’t seen Cemetery Without Crosses yet but I think a fistful ofpasta calls it one. I’ll find out soon.

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:3, topic:1285”]OUATITW is my favourite film of all time and the way it is shot can only be described as beautiful in my eyes.[/quote]Amen!

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:3, topic:1285”]OUATITW is my favourite film of all time and the way it is shot can only be described as beautiful in my eyes.

MATALO! is better viewed with drugs :)[/quote]

Ah… I don’t know, if you view Matalo while stoned, it might actually reverse the effect of the movie - it could become conventional :wink:

Haha, I love Tom, I occasionally bump into him in the van Cleef board.